Additional Underlayment Under Click

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Who here uses or would approve of using an additional underlayment under a cork click plank? Obviously ya'll know they all have a 1.5 to 3mm attached cork on the bottom already.

yes it is a loaded question. ;)

whats wrong---not soft enough?---maybe a scratch coat of marshmallow fluff and kittens should go under the pad which is under the pad which is attached to the cork

The cork attached to the bottom of many planks is like 1 mm, practically nothing and is very firm. It is nothing near as soft as the foam attached to laminate.

Said what?

He said as long as you don't go over _mm and has the correct density your fine. :) You know cork is allowable under cork click floors for added sound suppression. USFloors discontinued a cork/foil underlayment that changed to cork/plastic for added underlayment if one chose to. Quickstep has a rigid foil you can use as a double layerfor under their laminate as well.

Does not need to be cork, only the correct density and thickness. Lots of people do not think 1 to 1.5 mm of cork is sufficient underlayment for a floor, even me, especially over concrete, which can get extremely cold or upstairs for sound supression.

PM me for the number if you want it. Or, simply call your manufacturer.

I've had folks request additional underlayment for laminate w/attached. I can understand the desire for a quieter floor but I wonder how much quieter can cork get? Is there a discernible difference?

I've had folks request additional underlayment for laminate w/attached. I can understand the desire for a quieter floor but I wonder how much quieter can cork get? Is there a discernible difference?

Maybe not, but some of that cork on the bottom of the planks is very thin. Thinner than some attached foam cushions and rolls.

Latest posts

Back