Changing my ISP

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
If I change from Microsoft as my ISP, to Frontier DSL as my new ISP, will it in any way affect my Windows Live account? With Microsoft, my Live account is @hotmail.com
Will that change to @frontier.com if I use Frontier as my ISP?
Will I still retain my Windows Live account?
It may be a dumb question as I have never had a different ISP since I entered the internet umpteen years ago.
I am ISP challenged and have always thought that Windows Live (hotmail) was part of my association with Microsoft as my service provider.

It will change to @frontier.com

The Windows Live account may change depending on what you downloaded .

Let me check it out for you .

An ISP provides the circuit that gets you connected to the Internet. Thus Fronter DSL is or will be your ISP.

Once you are connected to the Internet you then need a mail service. This is often provided by the ISP, but not necessarily. In my case my ISP is Comcast, and they provide an e-mail address to me. But I also have e-mail addresses with Gmail, Yahoo!, And Incredimail . None of these are ISPs. MS Live is not an ISP.

you can keep your Windows Live Account. Your new ISP most likely will also offer a separate email account to you also.

I figured I would be able to keep the Windows account............. but since it's Microsoft, I don't want to take any chances.
............ not that they can't be trusted. :eek: Did I say that? :D

I'm not just worried about contacts.
The thought of saving family photos and conversations, plus email content and download site details and a billion other records for 15+ years is scaring the crap out of me..............................
Do you work for MS? :eek:

Last edited:
Not to even scratch the surface, are the priceless emails you have sent me. .................oh wait. Daris has them all saved for sure. :D

I have a hotmail e-mail account and I've gone through different ISPs (although none of them were Microsoft ones). It let me retain that account even though I changed ISPs.

Man, DSL sounds so nice right now. I'm on satellite because that is the only thing I can get to work out here. And the satellite companies know they have their customers over a barrel so they can really gouge us.

Last edited:
Post a copy of the test Florrist .

You can also do a ping test on the site to check your packet loss .

That is the number of packets that don't arrive to the server .

Ping test is at top of page on right .

My ping is usually around 14 . getting 40 .that is due to the security software i have installed .

I don't know if different computers makes a diffence as I'm on an old laptop with vista and charter internet. Here are mine

18-52.51-4.30

I did it twice and got dfferent numbers for the second number. 1st time it was 46.74

Daris

Latest posts

Back