Changing my ISP

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing , That is what your ISP is giving you . If you are paying more for a higher speed , Call them and tell them you are not getting what you are paying for .

I have Exede12 which is supposed to give me 12Mb down but when I'm not throttled from going over my 10Gb per month limit, I get speeds around 20Mb down and 3Mb up. Which is better than I ever got on Hugheset. I was paying for 1.6Mb down but never saw over 300k down. Calling about speed was useless because they always told me that speed was not guaranteed. I eventually found out by snooping around in the modem diagnostics that Hughesnet had put a hidden cap on my speeds to make them slower than base plan speeds even though I was paying for the Pro Plus speeds. While they did increase my daily bandwidth limit, they still kept my speeds low and refused to remove the cap. As soon as Exede was available I ditched those jerks. Total ripoff.

On HN I averaged around 1050 to 2k ms latency and maybe 150kb down and 20kb up. With Exede I average round 700 to 900ms.

Awesome. I wish I'd been able to figure out how to hack the modem with HN to remove the hidden cap.

I think I have a friend who has AT&T DSL... Man, the whole Uverse thing kinda messes things up if you try to call AT&T about a problem with a landline. I spent over 30 minutes one day trying to get in touch with the right people when my landline stopped working.

Here is a easy hack for you , and all you need is some cat 5 cable , electrical tape , and you should double your speed .

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, my regular speeds have not been restored and I'm getting less than 1Mb down but I'm able to load videos and my ping is 450 or so... Odd.

LOL. I love how his description on the actual Youtube page says it has a zero percent chance of working and that it uses "troll science". I was hoping it was a real solution, but I did get a chuckle out of it when I finally got it to load.

Latest posts

Back