class

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck. I hear today that Obammie is trying to make the first two years of college free. Exactly how in the hell is he (we) gunna afford this luxury?

We're closing 15 military bases in europe dinja hear?

Good luck. I hear today that Obammie is trying to make the first two years of college free. Exactly how in the hell is he (we) gunna afford this luxury?

Online work is going to displace the need for a lot of teachers and facilities. They are becoming "redundant" just like a lot of the modern economy that hasn't fell yet to robots and computers.

Doesn't mean we don't need teachers!

We just don't need to spend so many HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS every year on duplicative, remedial education courses that could easily and probably be better taught in a more mechanized.........computer based program.

Of course both the most primary (K-12) and the highest levels (Masters & Ph.D) of education require HUMANS. But we're talking some extreme waste in the system with so many very expensive people doing jobs that could easily be done NEARLY FOR FREE by the computer.

Last edited:
Being in school at my age lets me realize that many of the classes college student must carry are worthless. How many occupations will use Algebra? And yet, at least two semesters are required. Classes should be slanted more to a major unless you are taking general studies. I had an Orientation class for a semester. We learned nothing and everyone got an A, but it was required.

I went through the same mess a couple of years ago when I went to finish up a degree. Math (algebra) was the biggest problem. I had to take a placement test, know as the Compass test, to see where I would fit in the math continuum. Took me about three tries to get straight to Algebra. Had I not gotten there, I would have had to pay for and take remedial classes that would have earned me no credit toward a degree.

I ended up signing up for an online Algebra class, big mistake. I think I would have had a tough enough time taking it in a classroom setting. The online class just made me feel like an idiot. I dropped back to a general math class which still allowed me to get an associate's degree, but if I ever decide to go for a bachelor's degree I'll have to take the Algebra.

To get an Associate's here, two Algebra classes are required.

Pretty standard stuff as far as I recall. High school Algebra was 2 years and required for most 4 year college admissions. I had to take college Algebra II at the community college in order to get accepted to the state university. Could be a faulty recollection but I think that's how it went down. They didn't take all my courses from the community college but they did give me credit for most of them and also allowed them as prerequisites allowing me to take higher courses without re-taking those community college courses.

I was in my junior year when I dropped out more than 30 years ago. I wonder what any of those credits or prerequisites are worth today if I tried to return.

Depends on the school. My wife went almost 20 years ago and dropped out for health reasons. When she started back 3 years ago, they accepted some of her hours but not all.

Being in school at my age lets me realize that many of the classes college student must carry are worthless. How many occupations will use Algebra? And yet, at least two semesters are required. Classes should be slanted more to a major unless you are taking general studies. I had an Orientation class for a semester. We learned nothing and everyone got an A, but it was required.
Does that mean you can prepare sushi, or speak Chinese? :D

Latest posts

Back