Copper Floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloorMaven

256 pennies per sf.

image-4090092764.jpg

You would need to have a lot of spare time mate and i do not have this luxury. I havent told many in NZ or in our trade but i am 5 months pregnant and have plenty to do In the coming months LOL!!! I'm real busy with my business and will be taking someone on soon as I am finding it harder to drill holes in concrete, the vibration makes me feel really I'll and my tummy is starting to get in the way!! LOL

You would need to have a lot of spare time mate and i do not have this luxury. I havent told many in NZ or in our trade but i am 5 months pregnant and have plenty to do In the coming months LOL!!! I'm real busy with my business and will be taking someone on soon as I am finding it harder to drill holes in concrete, the vibration makes me feel really I'll and my tummy is starting to get in the way!! LOL

Congratulations Toni
Have you found out what causes it? :D

How do you make the cuts on them there pennies? I like it, kinda like the sliced cork from wine bottles.

Looks awesome Maven. Can you share some of the details? What inspired this? How'd you glue it down?? How do you keep them from popping off the floor?? Etc?

Thanks!

It's not my project...the pics were being passed around on facebook. :cool:

But that's a lot of pennies and it does have a little wiggle to it in the kitchen...I don't even know if the two pics are related.

How many pennies go into a square foot? :D How about a nickel floor? Is that going to be to pricey?

I looks to me like they just placed them on the floor and squeegeed poly over them.

The caption said it was covered with "resin". Wonder if it'll go green? I like it though...every coin has an unknown history.

At first i wondered if it were legal to use US currency that way...I found the latest statute and it seems it has recently been revised to include the word "fraudulently". So I'm guessin' it's cool.

That's what I was thinkin......... I see em settin pennies, but no glue to be seen. Can't see why it wouldn't work unless there was a reaction between the copper, moisture and alkali in the concrete............ but what's the chances of that? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back