Crazy customers

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small claims court in North Carolina is a joke and a waste of time and money.

$75 fee to have a hearing. I've taken 1 person to SC Court over non-payment and the magistrate ruled in my favor. He then informed the dead beat that the law does NOT require payment. All it does is enter a judgement against him.

You not only file a law suit, you also lien the property.
Then if he wants to play hardball, place the property up for sale, to satisfy the lien.

Psyco lady bought a condo for her daughter to attend the University.

Floating Arrowana bamboo. I explain everything to her and get the job.
She starts pushing to hurry and once again I explain floor prep and acclimation and also show here the humidity inside the condo is too high.

Into the second day, the power gets cut off? She has been remodeling on the previous owners / tenants power. Now she has to get it turned on and wants me to find some electricity someplace. Yea right.

She is flipping out at the floor prep to flatten the slab. I then let her know the front wall is rotted and there is no bottom framing plate. That there is a water leak that has been there forever and the old carpet hid it. Also to let her know, the humidity is still high.

She starts screaming bloody murder at me. I politely informed her she didn't owe me a dime and I would be pulling up all the flooring and she could find someone else to do her project.

I pulled up the bedroom in about 5 minutes and threw it in the corner. Packed my stuff and left. Cut my losses on that one!

You not only file a law suit, you also lien the property.
Then if he wants to play hardball, place the property up for sale, to satisfy the lien.

In Missouri, a lien only prevents the sale of the property until you have been paid. My father had one for seven years on a business and gave up. The same family has now owned that property since 1963.

All I can tell you is at that time, the lawyer told us that the lien would last 7 years and that we could only collect if they sold it. It may have changed since then.

Latest posts

Back