Current news

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes we have to be brave enough to go all in with a statement, but maybe after re- reading it or hearing it from someone else, reconsider ? This is called a conscience, please be on the look out for it........I know they did this and they did that, so we need to do this and that back x 10 to teach a lesson. The only lesson learned with that approach is revenge. Someone on the ball field needs to be a good sport despite the oppositions offense. The more they spew nasty language trying to demoralize your players, is the time when you double down on spewing out positive words for both sides to have a good game. Never ever ever stoop down to the bullies level because once you disrespect yourself, there’s no going back, because your ego will blind you from listening to the conscience.

An occupation of Progression not regression. Life is more complicated than we sometimes want.
The problem is so called progression. If I decide tomorrow that I want to identify as a barn owl.....
.......a Scottish barn owl, ....with a Norwegian accent.
.....should the court's, the legal system and society be forced to adapt and accept me and cater to my special needs and feelings? The answer is NO.
We have reached the tipping point.
https://www.medicinenet.com/what_are_the_72_other_genders/article.htmhttps://gender.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Gender_Identities
I think I ran across another definition of 156 genders. 😖🤯

I get gay and lesbian..... Hey, you are what you are. Most people today accept that.
When you are so confused that you need to dig through the links I just posted to figure out your place in society.......
I'm sorry, but no new rules laws or special restrooms need to be built to accept your weirdness. That's where psychiatrists come in. Their profession is to help you with whatever issues and confusions you have.
There are two genders.
In my rant I keep using the word "you"
I don't mean to you, I mean them. 😁
And oh Lord I hope you don't identify as a Norwegian speaking Scottish barn owl or my name is mud. 😁

.....and I'll have to identify as wet dirt. 😉

Last edited:
Stephen and Ben have today's societal changes nailed. Yes, blunt, but I'm in 110%agreement with them here.

The video spoof they were referring to is hilarious. He ran that on on his show a couple days ago.
Louder with Crowder is my daily 'Good Morning America', feel good show.
It gives me hope things will return to normal some day.
.....most likely not, but I dream of the good old days when it wasn't socially acceptable to burn cop cars and burn down and loot businesses. They used to put people in jail for doing such things. Today in California, it's OK to walk into a business and steal $899 worth of stuff. I mean, the cops won't even make a report on something so trivial.

We have reached the tipping point.
That was some good stuff there High ! I get it, to me and most its out of control so we poke fun at it. I’m poking at poking fun, it’s a strategy we use, but probably not all that effective, because it can easily become offensive. We are creatures who have feelings, period, like it hate it, we are stuck with them. Realistic solutions from my experience come from the area of acceptance. Let them add as many titles as they want, because we will never be able to control someone’s feelings. Acceptance doesn’t mean agreement, it means agreement to not judge. Dare I say inclusion ! Give them the space they need to work it out or not work it out. It’s a complicated issue, glad I’m not a principal of a school...... I hope my grandchild comes out the old fashion way 😜 but if not, I have no choice but to accept.

I read that gender mumbo jumbo and am just lost. Who made that crap up. Yeah, we all had that weird kid in school but nobody listened to them. Nobody gave them a platform. That’s where the problem started.

I know what will solve all this gender BS, a good smack upside the head. If that doesn’t work then a second smack follows the first and so on. We’ll either cure ‘em or kill ‘em, either will do. Prolly ought to start with those that are teaching this junk first. Can you imagine what it will be like to work with one of those 72 nut jobs. I work with a guy that has a tramp stamp. Yeah, he keeps that shit to himself (covered up) and it gets hot here. How about getting written up for not respecting someone who identifies as a flamingo from Saturn, but that was yesterday and today they’re a cheeseburger with a French accent. Oui oui!

When will Soylent green be available?

Oh it already is,

soylent.jpeg

Floorist it looks like you and highup are going to pay more taxes :)

The taxes outlined on Monday include a minimum 20% tax on the incomes of U.S. households worth $100 million or more – similar to other proposals that Democrats floated last year to pay for Biden's massive spending plan. But those pitches fell to the wayside after talks with West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin collapsed

It seems cheap as my bank take out 17% withholding tax on the interest I get I also have to pay about 1/3rd tax on what I earn

High taxes keep businesses from expanding and hiring more people.
Hi, I'm a corporate giant.
Sorry to inform you that because you're so happy about the feds raising my taxes 10%, I'm raising the price of all my products 12%.
.......I'm just kidding. I'm moving all of my products offshore. 😉
......and then I'm raising the price of my products 12% 🖕😁

What do you think about this?
They lift up the min wage then everybody will want an increase to keep the same percentage for their pay to stay ahead
All costs now go up and who is going to employ a person on the min pay if they dont really need them. Round and round we go
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/mone...inimum-wage-goes-up-economist-brad-olsen.html
It can work in a closed system........immigration under control and FAIR international trade policies. Minimum wage laws dont work if you've got tens of millions of legal
/illegal aliens undermining the negotiating power of local workers AND your nation is flooded with cheap manufactured goods from communist and Third World workers.

Under the above described conditions the general wages of the population will not raise simply because the dishwashers and busboys get another few nickels and dimes in their pockets.

It can work in a closed system........immigration under control and FAIR international trade policies. Minimum wage laws dont work if you've got tens of millions of legal
/illegal aliens undermining the negotiating power of local workers AND your nation is flooded with cheap manufactured goods from communist and Third World workers.

Under the above described conditions the general wages of the population will not raise simply because the dishwashers and busboys get another few nickels and dimes in their pockets.
When Branson had its big boom, the illegals were installing the carpet for $1 a yard and living 10-12 in a room.

Federal minimum wage in the US in 1956 was $1.00

Silver dollars were still circulating at that time but the US mint was not pressing any new coins because of the oversupply at the mint. The weight of a US silver dollar being passed around in general circulation from those days was 26.73 grams. They were 90% silver making the value of one of those coins worth $24.05 today.

US federal minimum wage today is $7.25

Hence, I can argue that today's minimum wage worker earns ~30% of what an American worker earning the minimum wage in 1956 was earning. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

When Branson had its big boom, the illegals were installing the carpet for $1 a yard and living 10-12 in a room.
There is no scenario where many millions of illegal workers raise up standards for working class folk. There are certainly benefits to those with the economic power to exploit lower wages. For example, we've always hired a gardener to cut the lawn. Now we have a cleaning lady and a pool guy too. I think we overpay the cleaning lady at $90 every two weeks. She's here 4 hours or so. The pool guy gets $95 a month plus chemical costs. He's in and out in 15 minutes tops once a week. My gardener does the grass once a week for $45 a month. That's crazy cheap.

Latest posts

Back