Current news

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went back to college at age 69. The entrance exam looked like elementary level work. Most of it I had been taught by 4th grade. In the middle of my second year, they had me fill in for the Sociology teacher. The political science teacher was asking me questions.

High school diploma is worthless anymore. Gimmie a young kid that just had a baby or somebody with a mild bad habit and I’ll show you somebody that needs a job. They’re more likely to keep showing up and take criticism, hopefully constructive, than some soft turd with a diploma.

I had better luck hiring guys that were at least 30, of course I had to weed out the drunks and druggies. Actually the best help I ever had was a drunk. But he came to work every day and was a good installer. He would drink every evening. But was sober by morning.

Serenade Foods, an Indiana-based manufacturer, is recalling nearly 60,000 pounds of frozen and raw chicken products for possible salmonella contamination this week after dozens of people across multiple states have gotten sick.

The brands of the five Serenade products included in the recall — Dutch Farms Chicken, Milford Valley Chicken and Aldi store brand Kirkwood — were shipped to distributors nationwide after they were produced Feb. 24 and 25 in Milford, Ind. The products flagged by federal health officials were chicken with broccoli and cheese or chicken cordon bleu and given the establishment number “P-2375” inside the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s mark of inspection.
After the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced the voluntary recall of 59,251 pounds of chicken products earlier in the week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a food safety alert Wednesday saying the agency identified that the outbreak was linked to “raw, frozen, breaded, stuffed chicken products.”

Serenade Foods, an Indiana-based manufacturer, is recalling nearly 60,000 pounds of frozen and raw chicken products for possible salmonella contamination this week after dozens of people across multiple states have gotten sick.

The brands of the five Serenade products included in the recall — Dutch Farms Chicken, Milford Valley Chicken and Aldi store brand Kirkwood — were shipped to distributors nationwide after they were produced Feb. 24 and 25 in Milford, Ind. The products flagged by federal health officials were chicken with broccoli and cheese or chicken cordon bleu and given the establishment number “P-2375” inside the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s mark of inspection.
After the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced the voluntary recall of 59,251 pounds of chicken products earlier in the week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a food safety alert Wednesday saying the agency identified that the outbreak was linked to “raw, frozen, breaded, stuffed chicken products.”
On the bright side, a person finds out what business supplies which companies with their product.

Damn Jon, one case of Covid and the entire island gets locked down ?
Screenshot_20210817-125939_ABC7LA.jpg
p

hav we actually have two main islands here. The North, where I live and The South Island :)
They have always kinda said that if there was a community case NZ could be shut down
I live at Auckland so we are in lock down for 7 days at the moment
Australia, Sydney have got them selves into all sorts of trouble through one case in the community with lock downs that are just a game with everybody just carrying on as normal
I think NZers mainly are quite happy with lock downs, had a few, to try and keep these viruses out of NZ. Sydney was trying to use the logic of everybody getting vaccinated to stop the spread which hasnt worked
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...ports-21-new-local-covid-19-cases-2021-08-13/The latest from NZ
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/nati...and-hospital/ar-AANqqC1?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Last edited:
The whole spiel of the ‘vaccine’ is misinformation. Not saying the jab isn’t a good idea but the whole idea of it stopping COVID is just BS. It lessens your symptoms and your likelihood of having to go to the hospital should you get the Rona. What it doesn’t do is prevent you from getting or spreading it. So in my mind the whole marketing of the jab is just BS but it makes people feel good and unfortunately that’s where we are these days. But if you’re happy being locked down then who am I to say anything. Just don’t expect me to comply with satisfying your feelings, those are yours, and yours alone, to manage.

The whole spiel of the ‘vaccine’ is misinformation. Not saying the jab isn’t a good idea but the whole idea of it stopping COVID is just BS. It lessens your symptoms and your likelihood of having to go to the hospital should you get the Rona. What it doesn’t do is prevent you from getting or spreading it. So in my mind the whole marketing of the jab is just BS but it makes people feel good and unfortunately that’s where we are these days. But if you’re happy being locked down then who am I to say anything. Just don’t expect me to comply with satisfying your feelings, those are yours, and yours alone, to manage.

If you want to live with Covid thats fine by me
NZ just wants NZ to be back to normal pre Covid days without having to worry if the person standing beside you has Covid
Just look at the recent Japanese Olympics with no onlookers in the stands. Now if the Olympics had of been in NZ the stands would have been full of people as for about a 100 odd days there has been no Covid in the community so we could just carry on like pre Covid days
Short lock downs have worked in the past to keep Covid out of the community

I follow Cruise Critic and a guy posted this is which a lot of Aussies and NZers kind of agree with :)
A copy of my latest rant on Farcebook.

Every time I hit the Facebook page, at the top is a question "What's on your mind Bill?". Well I'll tell you that at the moment I'm thinking about the selfish bastards who wont/haven't obeyed the rules, and have caused a massive lockdown because they think the rules don't belong to them. Well I've got news for those parasites, don't come near me and brag about your actions, or rant about anti vax, or claim it is all a conspiracy, because if you do I may just loose my cool completely and do something that under normal circumstances I would not do. What that is I leave up to your imagination to figure out based on the following. I'm77yo, and these selfish bastards are stealing months and years of my life that I can not afford to lose. At my age time is valuable far beyond any understanding of younger people, or for the older idiots among us, and they can not even imagine how it feels to be a bit down due to the current situation and seeing the total unnecessary loss of life due to simple outright ME ME ME ME attitude. Let's face it folks, these people are responsible for the deaths that occur from their disobedience, and these people are the ones that are causing people to lose their houses, jobs, businesses, education, and years of their lives. The fines have been raised but they should be a lot higher, and unflinchingly enforced. Rant is not over, still pi..ed off, but got a bit off my chest.

With this latest case from what I understand he didnt know he had the virus and went to a hotel 2 hours south from Auckland to watch football along with other things
Now everybody who was there has to self quarantine for two weeks at what cost to them personally?

I’m not that selfish of a prick and I have gotten the jab but clearly COVID is here to stay. Lockdowns may be OK with you but I guess in this case I am that selfish bastard. I’m just not willing to put my life on hold because others are scared. If you’re scared then you can stay locked up. I promise you I won’t be going to NZ any time soon. I got the jab so I’m going to continue on with life. If the jab doesn’t work then why the push for a shot that doesn’t work. Let the COVID play out and the chips fall where they may because living in fear is not living at all, it is simply existing. Just my 2 cents worth.

I am not sure it has anything to do with fear, so much as the ability to control the situation. I have to hand it to NZ, they have done a fine job of keeping things measured and their approach has really paid off. There of course being no right or wrong thing to do, such is the human experiment, I choose to just admire the choices made.
Here in the British Columbia, we are suffering a resurgence of the Vid and its becoming rather monotonous in my mind, the half ass approach to everything just delaying the inevitable. If stricter measures were taken in the first place we would be out of this mess yet here we are 18 or so months later with some half assed approach to solving something? Nothing? I do not really know.
If something is a real problem, you do everything in your power to stop it, like when my pipes burst, I do not just wrap a towel around it and say oh well, its a bit better. If it is not a problem, then carry on. Its the half hearted approach that kills me and my interest.

I’ll agree with you, Mark. We don’t take this seriously enough to either shut down all the way like NZ or to just say F it and let COVID run its course. Either way the half assed approach does nothing so I say to hell with it, I got my jab and I will continue on as best as I can.

I’m not that selfish of a prick and I have gotten the jab but clearly COVID is here to stay. Lockdowns may be OK with you but I guess in this case I am that selfish bastard. I’m just not willing to put my life on hold because others are scared. If you’re scared then you can stay locked up. I promise you I won’t be going to NZ any time soon. I got the jab so I’m going to continue on with life. If the jab doesn’t work then why the push for a shot that doesn’t work. Let the COVID play out and the chips fall where they may because living in fear is not living at all, it is simply existing. Just my 2 cents worth.

CJ this is the type of thing I was referring to. Its all about me, me,me
Read the comments at the bottom of the page to see who NZers feel about pushing the boundaries People are angry
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/he...g-on-holiday-ahead-of-lockdown-angers-leaders

Last edited:
Humans are inherently selfish. Don’t know if you can stop that especially here in America where we’re all about our ‘rights’. Prolly best that NZ does lock down because a lot of the rest of the world certainly doesn’t care. Another thing to take into consideration is the politicalization of the whole COVID issue. I can’t do anything about that. I’ve seen people barely affected by this and I’ve seen people seriously affected by this. I think people just want to take their chances and I say so be it. If someone dies then maybe it was meant to be. Isn’t that what evolution is all about. Don’t mess with Mother Nature unless it’s in a lab in China.

Latest posts

Back