Current news

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They opened things up here and covid is rampant again.

I asked a family friend how another family friend was doing, he stated, “ oh, he’s mad at the world” his mom passed away in a nursing home to covid without allowing him to see her. Life is fast,

My mom passed over Memorial Day weekend, not from COVID. It was a sudden freak thing. My dad is currently in the hospital with COVID right now. He has an oxygen mask, no ventilator yet. My brother was just put on a ventilator today due to COVID. What are the chances of coming back from that, 50/50? If all that isn’t proof that life can change in the blink of an eye, or a month, than I don’t know what is. Turn the news off, tell your mom you love her and hug your kids. Being angry is nothing but a waste of time unless you’ve hit rock bottom in life, then hopefully it’s fuel to motivate you to change for the better.

Floorist that is why if there is any chance of the virus in the community that area of NZ gets locked down so the virus cant spread, Wellington was shut down except for essintial servives, a little while ago as a couple of people who came here with the free travel bubble between Aussie and NZ bringing the vius with them and found out that they had the virus when they got back to Aussie. While they were here they moved around Wellington doing all the tourist things into lots of different places. They were here only over the weekend
There is still no community cases here and I hope it stays that way
Aussie has a lot of areas locked down only open to essential services

Not sure about these numbers but I heard in the past 6 months 99% of deaths were from non vaccinated people. Chances are higher to survive I would assume now if they have learned new methods in the hospital.

the D variant is more contagious, a few in the household got their 2nd shot today after a prolonged delay.

the vulnerable are the unvaccinated, who here hasn’t gotten their shot?

Also I have lots of these and seeing the USA wont let me in as I wasnt born there I cant see us traveling there for quite awhile I think I might have to go to a bank and change them into our as Daris says pretty money :)
USA MONEY2.jpg

Jon I think I saw your Prime Minister few weeks ago got her shot. Your whole small country should get it ASAP.

good for you Rusty, so for stubborn people I suppose you need a family member to kick you in your ass to get you there.

Also I have lots of these and seeing the USA wont let me in as I wasnt born there I cant see us traveling there for quite awhile I think I might have to go to a bank and change them into our as Daris says pretty money :) View attachment 12336
They would look pretty in my upcoming birthday card Jon!

hav wait by your letter box
Its in the mail :)
On the other hand if I cash them in here I get NZ$1.45 for each of your dollars
I think I have had them from the last time I went to Vegas 5 or 6 years ago

My brother drove from Portland to Phoenix to help my dad out. We’ve been alternating weeks. He spent a night in Reno and spent a night in Vegas. Prolly picked up the Rona along the way at one of those stops I’m guessing. He gave it to my dad, who has had his shots, then gave it to his daughter, who has had her first shot, when he flew back to Portland. The wife n I are driving to Phoenix this weekend to either help my dad when he gets out of the hospital after quarantine or to deal with things if he doesn’t. I’m not hoppin on a plane or stoppin along the way. Just too risky.

I don’t even know what to think of all this yet. Too much to process right now. I asked my wife last night if she ever thought I would be the lone survivor out of my family since I’m the one who drank, drugged and did stupid shit in the past. I shoulda been the first to go.

Also I have lots of these and seeing the USA wont let me in as I wasnt born there I cant see us traveling there for quite awhile I think I might have to go to a bank and change them into our as Daris says pretty money :) View attachment 12336
Jon, if I had that kind of money laying around I'd retire,-------I forgot I already am. Send it to me and help a retire old vet out.

That is insane Chris. It is amazing how fast life can change isn't it? I am gonna do that wishful thinking thing for you and hope that everything turns out alright.

Latest posts

Back