Deer stuck in a tree?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
My uncle is remodeling one side of his duplex apartment. Before leaving tonight, the next door renter cam over and said:
Ya want to see something neat?
We went over to the back of his Chevy Suburban and he showed us a 20 inch diameter section of a fir tree that was about 14 or 16 inches tall. The section was cut from a Douglas fir tree about 20 years ago. He said when the tree was felled, this 16 inch tall section of the tree was from the second cut............
I'm guessing he meant it was about 20 feet up in the tree.
What was so special about the tree section?
......... well, there was a 6 inch long antler sticking out of the bark. Sticking out just like a dead broken off branch would. Guessing it was from a 3 point deer.
When the tree was an infant, somehow the antler must have been dropped in or near the tree base and the tree grew around the antler............. over the years, it went higher and higher and the tree just grew around it. If I can get a photo from my uncle, I'll pass it on. Weird on a new scale.

I've seen lots of bullets, nails, wire fencing, horseshoes, electrical insulators and the like, but never an antler.

I have some hose sticking out the side of a large eucalyptus in my yard. I wish it were a maple tree.

I've seen lots of bullets, nails, wire fencing, horseshoes, electrical insulators and the like, but never an antler.
Next time I talk to the renter, I'll ask him how high it was in the tree. I think the tree was felled and he was de-limbing it at the logging site.
I'd take a wild guess the tree was around 40 years old from it's size. I wonder if a hunter killed the deer and nailed the small set of horns to the tree. Need an X-ray to find that out. I know the deer didn't climb up there and get stuck. :D

Latest posts

Back