ECOfusion strand woven bamboo??

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgreene

Hi: I am building a new house in a development and have been looking for a high end laminate due to 100 lb dog who runs in place for at least 5 seconds every time the door bell rings. We had to remove hardwood from our current home and replace with laminate. We can't find a laminate that coordinates well with our cabinet choice and came across ECOfusion strand woven bamboo that has a janka rating of 3200 that looks great with our cabinets. I have been scouring the internet and cannot find a review on ECOfusion strand woven bamboo floors. Does anyone have any experience with this brand of flooring - good or bad? My biggest concern is its durability and scratch resistance. Can anyone offer me some help? Thank you!

sgreene said:
My biggest concern is its durability and scratch resistance.

Hardness equates to dent or impact resistance. Scratching is a different animal. They all scratch from scooby doo.

Ruh Roh Raven! Check out forever tuff by johnson hardwood. There are alot of good quality laminates out there. Maybe something in a handscraped/distressed look would work best since scratches are easily disguised. Whatever you do, a shiny piano finish will show everything and is definitely a Scooby Dooby Dont! (see what I did there? clever, right?)

Thank you! The ECOFusion bamboo passed my nail test and seemed really hard but I cannot find any reviews, good or bad.

Bamboo + any 4 legged animal over 10 lbs, not a good idea. As long as u get something with minimal glossy finish, preferably with some sort of light texture, it'll work for your pet situation. Generally speaking.

Bamboo + any 4 legged animal over 10 lbs, not a good idea. As long as u get something with minimal glossy finish, preferably with some sort of light texture, it'll work for your pet situation. Generally speaking.

You are mistaken my friend. What you should have said is cheap bamboo plus any four legged animal. Bamboo from a quality brand will hold up fantastic to even the most energetic pets. You get what you pay for. A cheap bamboo from depot has only afew coats of finish on it while a brand like johnson puts about 8-12 coats, thats why there is such a difference in price. I do alot of bamboo and have seen the difference myself.

Yes agreed, hence I intentionally wrote "generally speaking", since the majority of bamboo floors out there aren't of high quality. And most end users expect the same qualities of high end material on a low cost one.

Thats quite a generalization there. "Everyone wins the lottery, generally speaking." "Anyone can install flooring, generally speaking" I guess it makes sense but i would rather "actually speak" than "generally speak". If your ambiguous "general" reference was targeting the quality of the bamboo and not the OP's "pet situation" you should have said "generally speaking" after the bamboo statement and not after the pet statement, which is why I contested you.

No, I would say "generally speaking, you never win the lottery," or "generally speaking, people can't install flooring perfectly". Then you would reply to me saying that's not true since people win the lottery. From the countless brands out there online, how many do you know for a fact won't scratch? I'm notovergeneralizing if there are more bad bamboo flooring than good. And it would be odd to add, "generally speaking" after each sentence. I'm just trying to help someone who has no idea how much damage large pets with claws cut can do. It's not just their weight tht needs to be taken into consideration, after a transition from a soft floor to a hard floor, they try to find traction and claw the ground, especially active breeds. I'm almost very sure besides certain laminates, natural wood products cannot take that much force from an object that sharp without it leaving a visible scratch. I was trying to let the guy know what to expect, and didnt know I'd be arguing about semantics.

All wood scratches, not just bamboo. There isnt more bad bamboo flooring than good, if thats what you think then you are buying from the wrong suppliers. If anyone is wondering, "online" is the wrong source. I was challenging your syntax not your semantics along with a healthy dose of ball busting.

Hi - like you back in 2013 researching alternatives to hardwood floors and have been looking at ECOFusion strand bamboo. How is it working for you? Has it held up to your pet?

Latest posts

Back