Expo wood flooring

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Have any of you guys installed one of this companies wood products?
http://www.flooringforum.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=8

The (potential) customer said it was called "Oak/Natural"
Lookin on their website, that looks to have a smooth finish and possibly a very small micro bevel, but definately not a handscraped (machine scraped) look.
Looks like there might be lots of short pieces. from looking at their link above.
Here's a look at the Oak/Natural
http://www.expofloors.com/handscraped.html

If there's lots of shorter pieces, I'm trying to guess about $4 a foot, plus prep. It's about 1100 feet and on a slab, all one level.
I think everything gets it but the bathrooms and kitchen. What ya think about this brand of material .......quality and ease of installation?
Do you guys always use 6 mil poly, even if the underlayment says you don't need it?

Never heard of them, sounds foreign. The handscraping looks to me as machined. They got some bad reviews.

Do you guys always use 6 mil poly, even if the underlayment says you don't need it?

Depends on lots of things. Like drainage, moisture test, grading or below grade. Wether or not I'm able to confirm a vapor barrier under slab.

Looks like they do recommend one. Better safe than sorry. @ 6 cents a sf it is cheap insurance.

Went over and looked at the job. Probably built in the early to mid 60's and from what I see, the floor is flatter than I expected. Kitchen will be getting wood too, so pretty much 3 bedrooms, living room, and dining area. Kitchen has seamless vinyl on it and the rest of the house has 3/32" 1960's era VCT covering the floors.
I haven't gone back to the website to check out the install info. I discovered the flooring it T&G, engineered, not click type. Not sure what's recommended to glue the seams for a floater.

I brought home two boards, about 27 and 36 inches. Looks to be pretty high quality. The PDF they gave doesn't tell what kind of glue to use on the T&G, not how much to apply.
Darn........... that means I will have to call them back on Monday and ask.
I just hope I don't get the same lady that speaks poor Engalisha, and didn't know what a 'T' molding was. :rolleyes:

6 mill at the lumber yard was around 57 bucks for 12 X 100

Last edited:
I brought home two boards, about 27 and 36 inches. Looks to be pretty high quality. The PDF they gave doesn't tell what kind of glue to use on the T&G, not how much to apply.
Darn........... that means I will have to call them back on Monday and ask.
I just hope I don't get the same lady that speaks poor Engalisha, and didn't know what a 'T' molding was. :rolleyes:

6 mill at the lumber yard was around 57 bucks for 12 X 100

I can only get 10' x 100.

Besides being PVAC the glue now needs to be D3 certified. Lowes carries some. I hate the Roberts applicator tip, it clogs. Titebond II and III is not D3 certified.

Besides being PVAC the glue now needs to be D3 certified. Lowes carries some. I hate the Roberts applicator tip, it clogs. Titebond II and III is not D3 certified.
Did not know that about Titebond.
...and I bet the lady I chatted with at EXPO floor don't know that either.:D
Thanks, ernie

Latest posts

Back