Find Answers

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeAntonetti

This day and age with 8 billion people you can find about anything. Sometimes I wonder who knows and will publicize. I’ll start basic, led lights, Chris has one for his saw, I bought one for my magnum shear, what about one for a toilet? Amazon sells it.

How long before earth will be severely damaged, less than 100 years.

Google can find many things, I use the hell out of it when I remember what I’m looking for.

Fly’s in my trash can from weekly pickup resulting in maggots, breaking the cycle. Was thinking about drill a hole near top on side put a plug then just remove plug and spray fly killer, apparently there’s a adhesive trap that may work that’s already available.

kinda like you think of an invention and someone already is selling it.

here’s one I’m constantly working on and I finally figured out how to word it.
I always want to work more efficient

Now just to read it and apply.

Attachments

• 78AB5B55-78E5-40FC-8576-EAD839763B93.png
    78AB5B55-78E5-40FC-8576-EAD839763B93.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I probably achieve more than 1.0 when I'm focused on the work that I'm doing. If productivity is figured in volume of work done I'm probably way below 1.0. 😁
I can only focus on quality because I stopwatch has nothing to do with anything in my book.
I wish Google searches on phones produce the same results as Google on a computer. Google searches on phones often direct me to the opposite of what I want or produces results aimed at selling me something.

Mike, I knew you were one of the guys always looking for ways to improve. That’s what I love about your wild ideas, they’re not so wild when you stop and think about them. I get made fun of for my chop saw hood and dust collector but it ups my efficiency. If I can cut in the living room (new construction), that saves me how many steps per trip to the saw over the course of a day. Hardwood guys show up and GC makes them set their saws up outside. Now my setup isn’t so over the top as much as it is efficient. I need to make some wings for my 2nd saw now. I’ve already thought of things I will change for version 2.0. Thinking about switching out my chop saw stands for a different model. The rolling stands take up too much room in my van. Like you I’m always trying to be optimized for what I’m doing. Time is money. Google and YouTube are good sources of ideas and information. Then you have to try them out and see if they work in the real world.

Still looking/waiting for air conditioned boots, something to dry them inside while wearing.
...at a reasonable price.
How about a compression sole with lots of small capillary tubes that when compressed, use one way valves so that each time you take a step, it draws outside air into the boot, flushing out the moisture.
I've got another version in mind but you need a really really really long extension cord. 😁

They have to quit being given things (everything). It’s no different with the homeless. #NoMoreFreeRides
That is why I am proud of my 16 year old grandson. His father died before he was born. He is a jr in high school this fall. Working 30 hours a week and is almost an Eagle Scout. My other 16 year old grandson plays video games.

I never had dilusions about being a professional, it wasn't a thing. I was just fat and lazy.

Sad reality is that what made me get a job in the first place was I wanted to drink and get high... turns out being a loser worked out for me in the long run: )

I never had dilusions about being a professional, it wasn't a thing. I was just fat and lazy.

Sad reality is that what made me get a job in the first place was I wanted to drink and get high... turns out being a loser worked out for me in the long run: )
I grew up working. I started working summers for my dad when I was 8. He would tear down old buildings for the lumber and I would pull the nails out and straighten them to reuse. He was a GC. As I got older we poured concrete. Had a contract with the city to do curb and guttering.

I grew up working. I started working summers for my dad when I was 8. He would tear down old buildings for the lumber and I would pull the nails out and straighten them to reuse. He was a GC. As I got older we poured concrete. Had a contract with the city to do curb and guttering.
And see, we both ended up as flooring installers.
The factor behind motivation is not really as important as having it in my experience. I'll be it I would have a much harder time as a father telling my kids to go get a job just like their dad because.... well because, well because I said so :)

Shoot, my kids asked me if I was gonna buy them their first car. I said since you’ll prolly crash it I ain’t buyin you shit. Talk about motivation to get a car and then even more motivation to take care of it because then they know exactly what it took to earn that first car. My boy was even smart enough to leave his car at home when he went off to college. Prolly one of the best decisions he made.

Shoot, my kids asked me if I was gonna buy them their first car. I said since you’ll prolly crash it I ain’t buyin you shit. Talk about motivation to get a car and then even more motivation to take care of it because then they know exactly what it took to earn that first car. My boy was even smart enough to leave his car at home when he went off to college. Prolly one of the best decisions he made.
There is a trick to helping your kid by his car.
I watched a video of a guy that bought a very special Ford mustang I don't recall what year maybe a Boss 302 or something.
He bought the car brand new. I think his dad actually bought the car but he made the payments. The kid made the payments to his dad faithfully and when the car was halfway paid for, his dad told him the cars paid in full.
You could make a nice gesture. You don't have to tell him now.
Let him find a decent used car and when it's half paid off and he's faithfully made all the payments on time and taking good care of it, you can tell him how proud you are of the hard work that he's done and pay off the other half of the car as a gift like a birthday present.
Might be a good bonding experience. ......you never know.

Latest posts

Back