Floor Muffler

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
The first screen shot is to sell the product. It says "no need for additional films"
The second screen shot, the info you need to dig for, is the one they use to dispute any warranty claims.
Not that it doesn't help with moisture transmission as they claim, but a wee bit of deception if ya ask me.
.....just my take on it.:rolleyes:

Excellent moisture protection.jpg

Do I need additional  moisture barrier.jpg

Last edited:
They all ask for a CaCl test now and if it reads high then your prompted to use 6 mil. I use 6mil anyway and skkip the CaCl test. I just meter it to check for hot spots.

They all ask for a CaCl test now and if it reads high then your prompted to use 6 mil. I use 6mil anyway and skkip the CaCl test. I just meter it to check for hot spots.
Any specific brand 6 mil?
Any specific brand or type of tape for the seams?

Overlap about 6" ?
There is some red tape designed for these films. I think it was around $16 a roll.
How expensive would it be for Bostik MVP........ that's what the wood flooring manufacturer suggests. (DuChateau from my other topic)
Room is approximately 500 sq feet

I guess I'm just a bit tweaked over the way they go about telling you that.
Their product description makes it seem virtually impervious to moisture, then when you dig deeper, the fine print says otherwise.
When I read the FAQ from their website, (as I showed above) it seemed like deceptive fine print.
So yesterday I bought a 10X100 foot roll of 6mil and some Gorilla packing tape with a cutsie dispenser............ about $80 in all.
I cut a 27foot piece of plastic at the warehouse, unfolded it, then rolled it onto a carpet tube to relax the wrinkles a bit before I was ready to use it.
............while at the warehouse, I read the product description on the roll of Muffler and it said straight out "No additional film required"
OK, I figure they are screwin' with me now............. so I callez em up to get the scoop.
Lady on the phone says that Muffler is a vapor barrier and I don't need anything additional.
I'm gettin' pissed right at this point because I just plopped $80 on plastic and opened the box then cut a piece off the roll............. so I figure I just wasted $80 on plastic. :mad:
Late this afternoon, I pop open the Muffler and read the instructions.............. Here's the front, then the reverse side.
It says you don't need additional protection.....................
Then on the reverse side of the 'flyer' it says you do.:mad:
Damn............ Are they pulling wool over peoples eyes or what?
I'm calling them up again tomorrow just to let em know what I think.

Front page.jpg

Reverse side.jpg

High, sorry about not calling you back, got busy and I couldn't find enough string. :D

Latest posts

Back