Flooring pictures

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another high............ big enough to surf on. Job was s few years old. The old tack strip was half way unser the base. I'm not sure how the installer ever got it o hook. I'm thinking he unrolled the carpet then trimmed and tucked in the edges. :rolleyes:
At one point the room was 18 feet wide and I couldn't find the seam.
In the first image, the stretcher was getting this much stretch when positioned only 9 feet away from the wall. Lotta stretch for 9 feet of carpet.
............this thin carpet was installed over the traditional one-size-fits-all, 8lb 716" rebond pad. :rolleyes:

Surf's up 0711161137-00.jpg

4 year old 0711161134-00.jpg

Enough for an entry mat 0711161457-00.jpg

Last edited:
Some people do......
...........and then comes a plumber that don't know how to remove a toilet and replace it with a smaller one. The floor was cut pretty bad on both sides.
I may use a knife to weaken the caulk, but a 6" drywall spreader does the job without damaging the flooring.
It's one thing to have caulk residue on a floor, and another thing to chop up the floor removing a toilet.

Left damage 750.jpg

Right damage 750.jpg

left repair 750.jpg

Right repair 750.jpg

An installer on another forum found this, Said he saw at least two dead cats.
He left.

That's a lot like my house looked like when we evicted the deadbeat tenants and went to move back in.

Speaking of which, my house originally had carpet in the bathrooms. We had very cheap linoleum put in, but hadn't realized that the wax seals were leaking (installers caulked completely around the toilets).

I've been told it is best to caulk around 3 sides (leaving the back uncaulked) and sometimes put a long string of dental floss in it to make it easier to remove.

Anyway, one day the toilet fell through the floor in one bathroom (while my brother was sitting on it) and then the toilet in my bathroom overflowed. I took the toilet up and discovered that it was installed over the carpet.
tumblr_oewwks9C2E1qkwd9ao1_500.jpg

The linoleum was really sticking to the floor so it had to be scraped up.
tumblr_oewwks9C2E1qkwd9ao2_500.jpg

There was black plastic underneath the plywood and the part surrounding the closet flange was the consistency of mud.
tumblr_oewwks9C2E1qkwd9ao3_1280.jpg

Latest posts

Back