Flooringinstaller.com

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Steve Simonson has announced that flooringinstaller.com will be shutting down soon. He says that it has never paid for itself and he can no longer do it.
I can remember when it was very popular. It's a shame, but it didn't seem to keep up with the times.
Right now is a tough time for some forums. With the FCI forum closing this year too. Many are struggling. I would like to thank all of you for your participation here.

It's what happens when you don't want to upgrade to a quality format thats user friendly. Lets call it what it is, being a cheapskate.

It's what happens when you don't want to upgrade to a quality format thats user friendly. Lets call it what it is, being a cheapskate.

Kinda like me not investing $40,000 for a new van and because of that, not having to hire 5 people to handle my sudden influx of work? :D
Surely you jest.
If I bought a new van, I'd be deep in debt and still be working 1 day a week on a good month.

Last edited:
Floorist said:
Steve Simonson has announced that flooringinstaller.com will be shutting down soon. He says that it has never paid for itself and he can no longer do it.

I bet he could get a pretty penny for the domain name.

Kinda like me not investing $40,000 for a new van and because of that, not having to hire 5 people to handle my sudden influx of work? :D
Surely you jest.
If I bought a new van, I'd be deep in debt and still be working 1 day a week on a good month.

If you remember he switched it out several years ago to a Ning site from one sorta like this one.

Hate to think it's because we all jumped ship and came over here. :D

That forum had one brief period of activity several years ago. I know, I was a regular. But as Ernesto says, it had a terrible format and they changed it to one that wasn't any better. It was and is hard to negotiate.

I just sent him an email offering my services.

I would like to prevent it if at all possible. I understand his reasoning in shutting down, but I do have the resources to keep it a viable resource for decades to come.

That's a very generous gesture, Austin.
We're glad to know that you are willing to keep us flooring guys connected. Thanks for providing us our own little flooring haven to ask, compare and share ideas. It really means a lot to us.

To be truthful the site was way ahead of its time as compared other forums considering it's ability to link up to social media before many or as a matter of fact any others. It was just hard for most people to figure it out.

Not sure, but I think I left that place because the site owner wouldn't even bother to chime in when things got way out of control with screaming and yelling contests.
............ so then I joined a site was the extreme opposite.......... but then I left that site because the owner wouldn't go away. :D
Everyone here gets along and keeps a cool head with no input needed. I like it here.

That's a very generous gesture, Austin.
We're glad to know that you are willing to keep us flooring guys connected. Thanks for providing us our own little flooring haven to ask, compare and share ideas. It really means a lot to us.

To b honest with you without Rusty at the helm I couldn't do it. Sure I can provide a house, but he makes it a home and I'm glad you guys enjoy it here.

To be truthful the site was way ahead of its time as compared other forums considering it's ability to link up to social media before many or as a matter of fact any others. It was just hard for most people to figure it out.

I saw that and was impressed. I would like to simplify that process but I still haven't heard back.

If anyone is in direct contact with Stephen please let him know I'm trying to get a hold of him. I've contacted 2 emails and sent him a pm on his site and have still no heard back.

To b honest with you without Rusty at the helm I couldn't do it. Sure I can provide a house, but he makes it a home and I'm glad you guys enjoy it here.

I saw that and was impressed. I would like to simplify that process but I still haven't heard back.

If anyone is in direct contact with Stephen please let him know I'm trying to get a hold of him. I've contacted 2 emails and sent him a pm on his site and have still no heard back.

Steve and Stephen are two different peoples. Stephen is a monster mod, Steve S is a pussycat and owner.

Latest posts

Back