Groceries up

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought this thread could use a little humor.

539080_451666968199582_570050403_n.jpg

Back when the tax code prior Bush Tax cuts the wealthy did pretty darn good and still invested and we didn't yank 700 billion dollars a year outa the tax coffers. So explain that.

(A)
Did the deficit increase under 8 years of Bush from 6 trillion to 10 trillion which included the gulf war and his tax cuts?

(B)
Has Obama taken the deficit from 10 trillion to 16 trillion in just 4 years?

I am not a big fan of Obama. But the Republicans have not done much better. Before Obama, 70% of the deficit was created under Reagan and the 2 Bushes. The last president to cut the deficit was Clinton. They all suck. It comes down to a lesser of 2 evils. Most Repubs say they don't like Romney. Most demos say they don't like Obama. Who you gonna pick?
As far as Obamacare, it is almost exactly the same as what Romney pushed thru as governor in Massachusetts. I don't know what the answer is, but our health care system is awful. We have the most expensive health care system in the world and rank 38th in quality of care. There are people dying every day in this country for lack of health care and Obamacare is not going to fix that. I wish someone could come up with a fix. I'm not smart enough, but hopefully someone will come along who is.

(A)
Did the deficit increase under 8 years of Bush from 6 trillion to 10 trillion which included the gulf war and his tax cuts?

(B)
Has Obama taken the deficit from 10 trillion to 16 trillion in just 4 years?

Don't forget, Obama also had to deal with the Bush tax cuts and the 2 wars. And the insolvency in Europe has dried up the market for many of our products. Even China has taken a hit. They have cut the salaries of all the children in their factories.

Don't forget, Obama also had to deal with the Bush tax cuts and the 2 wars. And the insolvency in Europe has dried up the market for many of our products. Even China has taken a hit. They have cut the salaries of all the children in their factories.

True, but didn't Obama pledge as one of his first acts in office to start bringing troops home, close Gitmo and use the saved money to pay down the deficit? (or start up more government programs :D )
I believe when Bush was in office the Iraqi and US governments already had a US pullout date set, so that was a given anyway and I think it pretty much happened right on schedule even tho we were promised sooner if Obama was elected.
All politicians talk up a storm and don't deliver......... they just hope we won't change our minds on election day. :D

I think your wrong on the pull out date. Obama got lamblasted by the Hawks for setting one. Especially McCain, the guy who wants us to go into Syria and start a war with Iran.

I am not a big fan of Obama. But the Republicans have not done much better. Before Obama, 70% of the deficit was created under Reagan and the 2 Bushes. The last president to cut the deficit was Clinton. They all suck. It comes down to a lesser of 2 evils. Most Repubs say they don't like Romney. Most demos say they don't like Obama. Who you gonna pick?
As far as Obamacare, it is almost exactly the same as what Romney pushed thru as governor in Massachusetts. I don't know what the answer is, but our health care system is awful. We have the most expensive health care system in the world and rank 38th in quality of care. There are people dying every day in this country for lack of health care and Obamacare is not going to fix that. I wish someone could come up with a fix. I'm not smart enough, but hopefully someone will come along who is.

I think we're closer to the same page than we thing we are.
Like you, it would be nice to see some realistically priced health care.
To be paying $600 to $1200 a month, only to have it go even higher if you dare to become ill........... that's a huge issue to deal with.
I can't figure out how the economy has flat lined for so many years, yet during this same time health care costs go up 10 to 15 percent every year.

How about they stop producing billion dollar machines that do miracles to give us another 6 months of life. Frankly, if it costs a million bucks to keep me alive another two or three years...... just unplug me...... it isn't worth it at that price tag if I'm gonna die anyway.
Better off getting everyone low cost checkups and preventative care than the oops it's too late, expensive care.

I think you are right about the candidates too.............. so if the right doesn't like Romney, and the left is questioning their choice of Obama, then how much worse can Romney really be? I'm voting for change this year.... I know that another 4 years of what we have means another 4 years of the same.

Last edited:
I think your wrong on the pull out date. Obama got lamblasted by the Hawks for setting one. Especially McCain, the guy who wants us to go into Syria and start a war with Iran.

Syria seems to be taking care of itself with a civil war.
Hows abouts we find a way to get North Korea and Iran to annihilate each other. You know, using rumors and fun stuff like that :D

Change can't take place in a matter of a couple years. Especially when the opposition will not agree to anything. It is getting better, least from my prospective out here. Problem is lots of you guys live in small towns which historically fare worst in economic down turns.

Personally I do not want to return to Reagonomics. It has been a proven failure. And thats what the republicans want.

I'd also like to see a balance between out country taking care of it's people and the industrial military complex hex. We simply cannot keep protecting the whole world and giving away billions of dollars to places like Pakastan, and the other 'stans just because they play our hand. Let them do as they may.

How about the middle class gets to invest some damn money for once. There is more of us and when the middle class spends money the economy kicks ass. Screw that trickle down shit.

How about the middle class gets to invest some damn money for once. There is more of us and when the middle class spends money the economy kicks ass. Screw that trickle down shit.

Loan me some money and I'll invest it in American beer, American Revolver and an American car. If you don't have money to loan me, borrow it from China, then loan me the money. You don't have to pay them back, and I won't pay you back
...so you really won't be out anything.
.........but I will still be able to move the economy forward in a small way. :D

Ern here is how you do it. You loan me $500, but I only want you to give me $250. That way you still owe me $250 yet and I owe you $250, so that makes us even right?

Works for me.

Daris
You need to be in charge of the US budget......... we'd be in the black within a month. :D

I'd also like to see a balance between out country taking care of it's people and the industrial military complex hex. We simply cannot keep protecting the whole world and giving away billions of dollars to places like Pakastan, and the other 'stans just because they play our hand. Let them do as they may.

Don't forget Corporate Welfare . :mad:

Latest posts

Back