Handguns

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
What would be a good one for concealed carry and to maybe target shoot? Is there anything that isn't super expensive anymore?

And one question from a dummy, can I shoot 223 rounds through a pistol made to shoot 22 LR?

I'd recommend a Glock 23 or Glock 27 (.40 cal) or the new Glock 43, which is a single stack (not so fat while carrying and great for smaller hands) 9mm. It is new on the market but gets raving reviews. I also like the S&W M&P Shield (.40 cal). My son loves his and will be my next purchase.

As far as the last question, a .22 cal is a rim fire weapon, and will never accept a center fire .223 round. By the time you fabricated it to do so, you could buy a few FN Five Seven pistols, which shoots 5.7 x 28mm rounds, 20 of them in a mag. That thing is a beast!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend a Glock 23 or Glock 27 (.40 cal) or the new Glock 43, which is a single stack (not so fat while carrying and great for smaller hands) 9mm. It is new on the market but gets raving reviews. I also like the S&W M&P Shield (.40 cal). My son loves his and will be my next purchase.

Blasphemy Hav, get a SR9c or one of these http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9s/models.html The sr9c is prolly the safest model out there. People are always shooting themselves with chambered glocks due to the lack of a saftey.

That FN 5 7 is very cool. Did you see this video of the rounds piercing 2 inch bullet proof glass? Dang it, now I want one. Oh, read the comments where the guy is talking about Parker Otto Ackley and speed vs armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
A FFL friend of my police department got in 20 of them when they first came out. He was selling them for $500 each. I hemmed and hawed about 10 too many minutes, and he sold out and has never received them again.

Damn, one of my biggest snafu's in life.

I really like my model 22 Glock, .40 cal. It is a bit fat for carrying, due to the double stack magazine, but I still carry it.

Dan, my duty gun was a Glock 22. I have two of them now, but IMHO are a bit too large to carry daily. The smaller version is a Glock 23, which is also a .40 cal, and because it is just a bit smaller, is my go to gun. I also have a Glock 27, which is also a .40 cal, but in the compact frame. Unless you have the finger mag extension, it can get a bit squirly only holding with your thumb and two fingers.

gun collection 003.jpg

Our county sheriff just lowered the CCW class from $60 to $40 and the permit from $100 to $65. He will loan you a gun to take the class as long as you buy the ammunition. I have a 6 shot 22 revolver that I have had for 30+ years. May see about getting it registered. Wasn't required when I bought it.

Can anyone recommend a good locking case for storing handguns in the house and transporting to the shooting range? Not too large....just needs to hold 2 or 3 guns. It will be a gift so nothing cheap.

Latest posts

Back