Hob knobbin with the Beatles.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Anyone watch the anniversary show?
I'm not a concert goer at all............... but If I went to one, this would have taken the cake. It was very well done.
I think if they started fresh for the first time tonight on TV, they would become a sensation all over again. Music today is craaaap. Pardon my British accent. :D

Last edited:
There was a thing on one of the news sites that I read that said they wouldn't make it in todays market.
I never was a Beatles fan. I remember when in the Navy that when a bunch would go on liberty they all wore those stupid looking wigs.

Daris

I remember, the September before they were on Ed Sullivan, they were on the old Jack Paar Friday night show. It wasn't live TV, but they were on. So CBS was technically right saying that they were live on CBS first. I think that they and Led Zeppelin were the greatest rock bands ever.

As a little snot nose kid, my two sisters and I were very fortunate to see the Beatles live in Las Vegas on 8/20/64. All I remember were screaming girls everywhere, and people were passing funny looking cigarettes from person to person.

Heck of a show I thought. It was really cool to see the different musicians playing Beatles songs and I thought most of them did a bang up job.

Music today is craaaap. Pardon my British accent. :D

Hmmm....Seems I heard that from my parents when I would play the Beatles in the early 60's. :) Best group ever in my mind. Amazing talent. It's nice to see Paul and Ringo still doing shows around the planet. Sure do miss John and George's music though, or what they would have been doing. You could only "imagine".

I was thinking today, Dhani Harrison performed on the show but not Jullian Lennon. It would have nice if he had been on the show too.

btw, if anyone didn't see it it will re-air Wednesday night on CBS

Heck of a show I thought. It was really cool to see the different musicians playing Beatles songs and I thought most of them did a bang up job.
Especially Annie Lennox. Her voice and style was was perfect for Fool on the Hill.

Hmmm....Seems I heard that from my parents when I would play the Beatles in the early 60's. :) Best group ever in my mind. Amazing talent. It's nice to see Paul and Ringo still doing shows around the planet. Sure do miss John and George's music though, or what they would have been doing. You could only "imagine".
On top of all that talent, as a kid, I noticed first off............. These guys wore suits! :eek: Unheard of for hippy rockers. That's how ya get the girls............ wear a suit.;)

I was thinking today, Dhani Harrison performed on the show but not Jullian Lennon. It would have nice if he had been on the show too.

btw, if anyone didn't see it it will re-air Wednesday night on CBS
Thanks for mentioning the additional air date.

Latest posts

Back