Hot glue

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FYIfloors

My 5yo and his friend used a hot glue gun to make castle out of sticks, looks great however they neglected to protect the polyprop loop pile city street road kid play rug they were sitting on Any ideas how to get this stuff off or is it stuck there for good?

Scrape off what you can. I take a bare slotted blade and bend it into a slight curve and that will slide in under the bottom of the thermo and shave it off. Be carefull of the bare blade so you don't cut yourself. Works great on cut pile. I know the rug you are talking is a loop pile so that may not be the best route. But scrape off what you can after icing the thermo. Then try taking a brown paper bag along with a household iron and see if you can't get the thermo to suck up into the paper. This also works great for candle wax. Be careful not to over heat and melt the fiber.

Daris

Last edited:
Had a friend with the same basic error. He used a spray product used to freeze warts. Sprayed the hot glue then immediately went after it with a pair of pliers, not to pull it out but to crush it while it was frozen solid. Seemed to work great. I would first test the carpet product for color-fastness when the chemical spray is applied.

Latest posts

Back