How To Fix A Laminate Floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I searched all over and can't find out where to order them thar "tinier spacers" that he mentioned.
Should I put the molding back on with Scotch tape in case the boards shrink up next summer when I might need to install some of them thar larger spacers? :D

Hammer and a screwdriver? WOW, love to see a video of that guy in action. I bet he uses them to 'cut' boards when he does an installation.

I searched all over and can't find out where to order them thar "tinier spacers" that he mentioned.
Should I put the molding back on with Scotch tape in case the boards shrink up next summer when I might need to install some of them thar larger spacers? :D

Hammer and a screwdriver? WOW, love to see a video of that guy in action. I bet he uses them to 'cut' boards when he does an installation.

He is actually a she. "Kelly Hurston has been a professional writer for 10 years. She joined TheHousingForum Team in May, 2010. Kelly enjoys cooking, doing DIY projects, and is an avid reader."

She is smokin hot, picture at bottom of article. Perhaps she should stick to cooking and making babies.

Last edited:

Bazinga.jpg

I don't know much about this stuff, I just F'd up my floor myself , but I thought the spacers were used so the floor could exspand to prevent buckling ? Therefore the spacers have to be removed after the floor is layed down , then the molding hides this space. Beside how can the molding fit over the spacers? Again I am not trying to be funny , I am just testing my knowledge ( the little I have )

Yup, spacers are temporary to allow for expansion. They keep the floor from shifting around as you install it, also so the expansion gap stays consistent. When done, they all come out.

Latest posts

Back