How to remove glue residue and smudges

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handyflooringpros

I installed a glue down Thursday and Friday using Silka bond adhesive. I got some glue on the new material , I got it right off . But now it looks like a bunch of smudges all over the floor. How do I get it off ?I tried mineral spirits that didnt work , it would go away but once it dried it came back it seemed. What do I use ? It has to be a way . I know I am not the first person to experience this. Please advise.

If you're talking about a wood floor adhesive I know bostik's ultimate adhesive remover does a real good job removing wet and cured urethane adhesives.

If you're talking about a wood floor adhesive I know bostik's ultimate adhesive remover does a real good job removing wet and cured urethane adhesives.

It's probably etched the surface but like Maven said, the remover and also a Magic eraser after. I've seen the Magic eraser scuff a finish so try it in an inconspicious spot first.

Thanks for the help guys . After trying everything twice, I realized the poly was taken off when the glue was removed so I applied a thin coat of poly and wow , no more smudges. You cant see where the glue ever was. Thanks again guys .

Latest posts

Back