Hp 410 printer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
For whatever reason my printer is not printing in black. What should be black is a very light gray. I've had this problem before and did a cleaning on it but for the life of me I can't find how to do it again. I get info about everything else but that. Help!! It is a wireless printer/ fax combo. All new cartridges a week ago. Worked until yesterday. It prints in every other color.

Daris

Post # 2 . Same thing . If you are not using the manufactures Ink it will clod up faster .

The secondary ink you buy online is a little thicker .

It is the manufacturers cartridges. Was working then the black stopped. I did the cleaning like in the video. Got all kinds of junk out of the head, big thick gob of black. Now all I get is a ink system failure-Oxc19a0013- turn off printer then turn back on. I have probably done this 20 times now and get the same thing after trying to print. Ready to take a hammer to it.
If anybody else does this make sure you wear rubber gloves, the ink stains your hands.

Daris

I tried that also Nick and also did a head cleaning through the HP settings and it printed a test page which still did not have a black in it. Then it went back to ink failure thing on the screen. The black cartridge is dated for 2015 and a couple of the others for 7-? 2014. The computer is showing I have plenty of ink and the black is just a couple weeks old. It keeps telling me to turn the printer off then on.

Daris

Well I got rid of the ink failure. I wasn't shutting it down in the correct order. But it still will not print in black. Damn! I hate to go out and buy another cartridge and have it not work. That would suck. ink is expensive. I think it was like $50 for the black cartridge as it is an extra big one.
Just incase what is the best printer out there?

Daris

I had them all Daris . Some up to a $1,000.00 when i use to make the coffee cups . I'll take a Epson any day of the week .

I use to buy my Ink from Injet101 for $5.00 a cartage . I don't even have the printer hooked up any more.

I have about a $100 worth of ink for this printer and I'm kind of thinking it would be smart to find a printer that takes the same cartridge. Which means another HP. Just wondering if I can just take the cartridges that are good out of this one and transfer them to the new.

Daris

They say not to remove them once they are in the printer . I know the Ink will dry out in a minute . You can try sealing the holes with something .

I got gremlins in the printer. It started working again. My wife wanted to print something Wednesday and hit the print button thinking it was just going to print in color and it printed it in black. I did replace the black cartridge but it still wouldn't print in black but now it does. I told the wife she screwed up because I had already looked at new ones and they were compatible with hew Ipad. This one isn't I'm sure.

Daris

Latest posts

Back