I'm calling it. Laminate is dead.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laminates are about 1/2 of what I do these days. Yep, there are some crappy ones out there, like most product lines. The ones I've been doing mostly is from Pacific Mat. It's called Timberlake. Great stuff, never had any issues with it now for many years. It's a dream to install too.

http://www.pacmat.com/timberlake

Do you know the suggested retail price?

Also, do you mind explaining your standard rates?

furniture
demo
hauling
base shoe/transitions
delivery/travel

I can see where a competent installer working with a premium laminate could male a nice living in a higher end community---(minimal competition from illegals) because it CAN go in pretty quickly. Customers love that sort of thing when the job goes smooth, quick and they like the looks of the whole deal.

They don't ALL look cheap and plastic like------just 80-90%

Do you know the suggested retail price?

Also, do you mind explaining your standard rates?

furniture
demo
hauling
base shoe/transitions
delivery/travel

I can see where a competent installer working with a premium laminate could male a nice living in a higher end community---(minimal competition from illegals) because it CAN go in pretty quickly. Customers love that sort of thing when the job goes smooth, quick and they like the looks of the whole deal.

They don't ALL look cheap and plastic like------just 80-90%

This laminate sells in Medford Oregon for anywhere from $2.50-2.90 psf. It's not cheap, but you DO get what you pay for....right? I've been getting $2.50 psf for 15 years now. Transitions I get $3 per foot. If I go and get the material in Medford, which is a 3 hour round trip, I get $125.I rarely move furniture anymore. Too old..... unless it's small items. No more couches and bigger furniture for this old fart. It's taken it's toll and I'm saving what I have left for things I would like to do when I retire.:)

Latest posts

Back