Internet speed?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First i would call and see what I'm paying for Rusty .
Then i would ask for a new modem .
You can try cleaning out the cache . http://www.ehow.com/how_2293053_clear-cache-windows-xp.html#ixzz1SVPXta15
And reset the modem . what modem do you have ?

You could of gotten a hack that has you hooked up ass backwards , squirrels could be nibbling at the lines .
Could be hacked . [etc]. check with them first .
What is the name of your ISP ? I'll check them out for you . you still call though.

With AT&T, you have to buy a modem. We can't afford a new one right now.This one is about 5 years old. We have tried the reset. It may be the line coming in, if so I don't want the yard dug up. When I had a second line for dialup, they told me there was static in the system but we never could get them to fix it. I'll check out the cable company when they get it set up. They include a new modem in the monthly price.

try booting into safe mode with internet connectivity by hitting the F8 key, and run the speed test again .
See if the results are the same .
How much ram do you have ?

Just curious what folks are getting for computer speed out there. Just tested mine at a Ping of 73, download is 3.17 and the upload is .68. Compared to some I've seen in the past, I think my confuser still carries a club and eats raw meat. This is on DSL.

I got an f- from Nicks link. :rolleyes:
Darol, you are running at nearly the speed of light.

It's been a while since I had dial up, but I do remember it was kinda pokie. As slow as mine is, I'd imagine it's a rocket to yours. Yeah, it could be faster, but it does just fine.

It's been a while since I had dial up, but I do remember it was kinda pokie. As slow as mine is, I'd imagine it's a rocket to yours. Yeah, it could be faster, but it does just fine.

Dial up??? ....I only wish. I'm still using a camp fire and blanket. (that's what it feels like at times.):rolleyes:

I would say there is a decrepency between the two .

Noname.jpg

Noname 2.jpg

Not bad here...but I pay $54 per mo. How does that compare? I'm supposed to have something called powerboost, kinda like N2O when you need a little extra giddy-up.

ping-5-2-12.jpg

Twomly said:
mmmmm Ping 05 Down 49 Up 5.5 any takers

Sure...post a screen shot. Down + up / cost b/4 taxes = value

d+u/c=v. Best v wins. Probably need to verify your cable costs as well.

Sure...post a screen shot. Down + up / cost b/4 taxes = value

d+u/c=v. Best v wins. Probably need to verify your cable costs as well.

I don't think I really need to prove anything, that speedtest.net is by no means acurate or even a good tool to use.
I live in London UK I have Virginmedia the fastest you can get here for your money.
I have the 50meg package which is currently being doubled in speed to 100meg then dragged upto 120meg with zero traffic managment, so when its busy I don't get throttled back.
The test I performed was on my wireless laptop, I have 2 more wired which get speeds of ping 05 down 99 up 10.
I also use the Netgear N600 which has its own built in accurate speed tests with packet loss data tools built in to it.
I also have my own DNS server.
Currently I'm paying around £100 per month for this service which includes my TV and landline.

100 GBP = 160.29 USD I pay $125 including TV.

Did you say you used speedtest.net, or no?

Latest posts

Back