JobMax

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloorMaven

After a few months of consideration I finally replaced my fein super cut that got stolen with the ridgid jobmax. Hd has a special until 12-26 where you get an additional attachment with purchase. I chose the jig saw attachment.

IMAGE_49F2FE54-A36D-432A-AF0D-FDE1A9B0991B.JPG

Don Monfils said:
Do you like it?

How's it compare to the Fein tool?

I've had limited use thus far but the fein at five times the price is antiquated in comparison.

I looked at that one but ended up in sears on Black Friday and purchased the craftsman model for $80.00 and haven't had any problems with it

That's pretty much what i paid. Trigger activated variable speed with light. Adapter that allows the use of most popular blades. And of course 6 choices of attachments.

I have 2 fein supercuts. I use them in my biz to regrout shower stalls. I think
I paid $700 each. Yes, very expensive. I had to use a knock off one time (forget
which brand) but it was not even close to the quality of the Fein. The Ridgid looks
well built. I think Rockwell came out with one also that looks pretty heavy duty.

Having owned a supercut I can attest to the ridgid being just as powerful. I can't comment on durability yet. I can say there were times when using the fein I wanted to instantly slow down, speed up or just stop and the tool didn't give me that option. I can recall many times when I could have used just a little bit more illumination right there, but the tool didn't give me that option.

I was in Lowes picking up some 6 mil clear and had to buy the Porter Cable 12V MAX Lithium Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit with 32 Accessories.

My $35 dollar multifunction tool from harbor freight just wore out, the blades kept coming off. And I hate having to go get an extension cord when the wall outlet is to far away. So I decided cordless is the way I wanna go.

It has 2 batteries as well as a nice bag...I like tool bags. And a nice plastic container for all the accessories.

http://www.portercable.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=24971

Yea, corded ones definetly have more power. I found the Porter Cable one to be a tad on the light weight side. But is it nice to have when you need a fast fix.

Just picked up a fein multimaster 250x from a contractor who remodeled old homes, it is well used but works great. Can't complain for fifty bucks. I used it for undercutting a door jamb, my crain has a dull blade. What other uses have you found for it besides the usual sanding and cutting?

Great tool, makes repairs and any weaving into hardwood flooring I breeze , treads and risers, anywhere in the past I needed a chisel

I used the rasp attachment recently in an attempt to remove thinset in a small area. It worked eventually but I wasn't too impressed with the production and effort required.

Cutting drywall for stairs with minimal mess is a major plus.

1-fein-supercut.jpg

Latest posts

Back