Laminate over tile / linoleum

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thib

Hello, can I install laminate over tile? The instructions indicate I can install over linoleum it doesn't mention tile.

Thank you! I also have a tile floor. There are no cracks in the tile or grout. If I fill in the grout lines with a floating compound can I install over the tile as well?

Hello, can I install laminate over tile? The instructions indicate I can install over linoleum it doesn't mention tile.

Without a specific brand I can tell you all manufacturers want a SOLID, SMOOTH and FLAT substrate under their flooring. So if the tiles are very well bonded it's OK to smooth out the surface with floor patch. We would sand the surface of the tile with a heavy grit, apply a primer (probably need one that works on a NON-porous surface) and then smooth over with a trowel or screed if there's any big humps or low spots.

Laminate really wants FLAT or your joints will rock and roll------noisy and destructive to the interlocking mechanisms.

Latest posts

Back