Linoleum Adhesive

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rikb53

guys we pulled up the Linoleum in the kitchen and want to put down engineered flooring using Bostik Ultra Set Single Step. we scraped everthing up and i've belt sanded what was left. i can't tell if it's leveling compound or the glue they used to put the Linoleum in with.
on the last job, we laid right across what was left and were fine. but don't want to take any chances............so, does this need to come up even if it wont by scraper or belt sander??
thanks
rik

Yes, it says remove all sealers and bond breakers. Is this a concrete or wood substrate? If its concrete you can grind it off with a diamond cup wheel. If it's wood, ply or OSB get a scrape away or some heavy grit paper on a buffer.

Or you could perform a bond test. But bond tests are only as good as the spot is prepped.

http://www.bostik-us.com/sites/default/files/ULTRA-SET_SingleStep.pdf

yeah, here in texas - we're in SLAB COUNTRY. so, I bought a dozen of 36 grit belts for the sander - drank a red-bull and went Medieval on the kitchen till I got down to "inside" the leveling compound. so, the lineoleum glue is gone! thanks again guys

Latest posts

Back