Locked In Laminate

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Just went out and looked at a laminate, LR,DN, hall. All transition strips glued to the floor. Flooring is buckling and detached at the weakest link......where two rows only have a 3 inch stagger.
Seriously dont understand how it lasted 3 years.

Tree fitty a foot to pull it apart and fitz it @ 200 sqft. www.floorsavior.com to the rescue!

Ernesto said:
All transition strips glued to the floor.

Do you think if double faced tape was used to secure the transition strip to the floor it would lock the floor in?

Do you think if double faced tape was used to secure the transition strip to the floor it would lock the floor in?

No, I don't. It is not as hard set as construction adhesive is. Since these strips are glued to the substrate and the floor, this does not allow for movement.

I've found that these floating floors that break open are less about expansion or shrinking and more about traffic pattern shifting. If it's hooked from behind, or gets jammed in a corner it's just a matter of time.

I've found that these floating floors that break open are less about expansion or shrinking and more about traffic pattern shifting. If it's hooked from behind, or gets jammed in a corner it's just a matter of time.

I tend to agree.
I see separation at doorways, where they didn't want to have transitions, to isolate the rooms(usually the hyper kids room)

Latest posts

Back