Most common cause of computer freeze up

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the first reboot, I got this error.

But as I was copying the error shown here, the computer redialed and connected. o_O

Attachments

• Error connecting.jpg
    Error connecting.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 112
I haven't done the winsock. I was concerned because of the error that I showed above. It asks if I want ro continue, but I didn't because of the error.
I can't do it now because I'm not at home.

I did the 7 steps, and then got that 'error connecting' warning. It's gone now and dials normally. I'll have to check event viewer to see what it has done/fixed

If you have a issue with Win Sock try installing it in safe mode .. Good software to have if you can't get online ..

I think I tried a number of times in the past to get into safe mode and the computer wouldn't go there. It was from an appraisers office. Might I assume the administrator could find a way to not allow one of the employees to go into safe mode without permission?

If you have a issue with Win Sock try installing it in safe mode .. Good software to have if you can't get online ..
Was I supposed to type in a different destination instead of the one they already had filled in? This was what they had filled in. C:\ERDNT\SECURITY
winsock-error-jpg.8418

Last edited:
I think I tried a number of times in the past to get into safe mode and the computer wouldn't go there. It was from an appraisers office. Might I assume the administrator could find a way to not allow one of the employees to go into safe mode without permission?
The hotfix lets administrators block standard users from logging on insafe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt.Jan 2, 2010

Was I supposed to type in a different destination instead of the one they already had filled in? This was what they had filled in. C:\ERDNT\SECURITY
winsock-error-jpg.8418
No.. You are being blocked from installing it .. I'll post some command prompts to flush the DNS, and renew the ISP address later ..

That should work , Now you need one to renew the ISP address ..

Click Start->Run, type cmd and press Enter. Type ipconfig /release at the prompt window, press Enter, it will release the current IP configuration. Type ipconfig /renewat the prompt window, press Enter, wait for a while, the DHCP server will assign a newIP address for your computer..

Flush the DNS first High ..

What affect does replacing the ISP have on things like my bank or MSN (my internet provider), e-mails or any other things that recognize this comfuzer?

None .. Just renews your Connection .. There are times i can't get on for what ever .. I just run WS and I'm back on ..

Latest posts

Back