Mounting closet door guides?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimo

What is the professional method of securing sliding closet door guide onto new 12mm pergo?

My assumption is to use a short screw that doesn't go into subfloor so the pergo can still float. But I wanted to get other advice to be sure.

Thank you!

I've done it that way. Pre drill the holes. Test the screw hole diameter in a scrap piece.
Does the door roll on the floor or hang from rollers? Curious if it's a single center guide or a track.
I assume you mean a single center guide.

Last edited:
I decided to use strong tape to secure the guide. It seems to be holding fine, it just keeps doors plumb. The guide doesn't hold and weight of the sliding doors.

Thanks

I decided to use strong tape to secure the guide. It seems to be holding fine, it just keeps doors plumb. The guide doesn't hold and weight of the sliding doors.

Thanks
The clear hot glue will also work. If it ever needs to be released, drizzle some rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol along the edges of the hot glue and let it set there for a minute or three. The glue will release from the laminate cleanly without damage to the floor. May take a bit of gentle wiggling side to side to let the alcohol wick between the floor and the glue, but it will release.
Not sure if this works on the bottom of the barrel 99 cent laminate flooring, but I suppose so.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back