Name a better band

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I get that a lot but I’ve never been good at shaking my ass and I’m a bit past my sexy expiration date so I don’t see myself getting off my knees any time soon.
I was never as good as you are, but I played guitar most of my life. Well, everything got in the way and I gave it up for years. Now my fingers won't cooperate.

I was never as good as you are, but I played guitar most of my life. Well, everything got in the way and I gave it up for years. Now my fingers won't cooperate.
My dad turns 81 next month and he hasn’t been able to play at all for a year or two. It would suck but I’ve always been more in to the writing side. That’s fortunate as I’m really not all that good a musician.

In fact all the music on this one was done by a friend of mine. A guy I met when I did a carpet job for him 15 years ago. This was our first colab, we are planning on more in the future.

My dad turns 81 next month and he hasn’t been able to play at all for a year or two. It would suck but I’ve always been more in to the writing side. That’s fortunate as I’m really not all that good a musician.

In fact all the music on this one was done by a friend of mine. A guy I met when I did a carpet job for him 15 years ago. This was our first colab, we are planning on more in the future.
One of my first helpers was in UMKC pre-med school. His dad had a carpet store in Shreveport. He played jazz in the clubs there starting at age 14. We were out on a job once and talking music. This elderly lady wanted to show us her late husband's guitar. Turned out, it was an early 1950's Les Paul, signed by Les Paul. Told her she could name her price, but she would not sell it.

That's some really, really nice stuff Darren.
So, you write the songs that that make the whole world sing?
....and your compadre writes the music?
...but that's you on the guitar and singing, right?
The sound quality is top notch.
I'm am very impressed.
I got an F in music in Jr high. I wasn't singing do re me or big wheel in public... No how, no way. Always been a shyboy.
Thanks for sharing those. 👍👍👍

That's some really, really nice stuff Darren.
So, you write the songs that that make the whole world sing?
....and your compadre writes the music?
...but that's you on the guitar and singing, right?
The sound quality is top notch.
I'm am very impressed.
I got an F in music in Jr high. I wasn't singing do re me or big wheel in public... No how, no way. Always been a shyboy.
Thanks for sharing those. 👍👍👍
Normally, I do all the music myself, but lately I’ve been teaming up with better musicians. This is the first one where I let somebody else do all the music. I’m just not all that country. He’s a much better guitar player than I am.

In high school, I procrastinated on picking my classes in the 10th grade. For my last class I had two choices, landscaping or piano. I hate landscaping, I hate being outdoors in general. When I was a kid, I learned early that I could either spend all day in the yard or take a spanking and have the rest of the day off. So, given the choice between landscaping and piano, I of course went with… landscaping, piano sounded like something that would get me picked on. It may sound weird but it’s literally one of the biggest regrets of my life. I didn’t start playing guitar until I was in my 20s. I still think starting piano at 15 made me a much better musician today.

p.s. I ended up ditching out of that landscaping class something like 75 times.

According to Wikipedia, it was Teddy Gentry that was a full time Rug Dog and he’s still a touring member. Has anyone seen them live ?
No I have not seen them live.
I saw them in an interview and they talked like the entire group was a crew, three of them anyway. Also, I had a brother in law from their neck of the woods that said he worked on jobs with them . He lied about things though so.
This is me playing bass on jam night many years ago.
The regular bassist wasn’t there yet. I normally play guitar

When I was about 14, a neighbor girl taught me to play the mandolin. That was a blast. I filled in for a drummer too, but I was barely adequate. That neighbor girl married a friend of mine who was a lead singer at Branson for 30+ years.

Normally, I do all the music myself, but lately I’ve been teaming up with better musicians. This is the first one where I let somebody else do all the music. I’m just not all that country. He’s a much better guitar player than I am.

In high school, I procrastinated on picking my classes in the 10th grade. For my last class I had two choices, landscaping or piano. I hate landscaping, I hate being outdoors in general. When I was a kid, I learned early that I could either spend all day in the yard or take a spanking and have the rest of the day off. So, given the choice between landscaping and piano, I of course went with… landscaping, piano sounded like something that would get me picked on. It may sound weird but it’s literally one of the biggest regrets of my life. I didn’t start playing guitar until I was in my 20s. I still think starting piano at 15 made me a much better musician today.

p.s. I ended up ditching out of that landscaping class something like 75 times.
Shovels and rakes don't fit my hands either. 😁
Great stuff. I don't think starting earlier would have made much of a difference. The songs and music are as good as anything out there.
You're proof that America's Got Talent. Go get some crutches, start referencing your wife as your "partner" and speak with an accent..... You could win! 👍😁

Latest posts

Back