Need help on leveling two thicknesses

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colemanba

Had a contractor come by and rip up more wood than I had to replace. Found similar wood and it's 1/8 too thick. Can I just plane down the back, take out the tongue and groove and glue down? It's not much of a traffic area and it's about 8 total feet of flooring that need to go down. The contractor wanted to sand the edges and glue it down and I politely asked him to leave. :confused:

Typically the woods sanded from the top so you should plane down the top or else the T&G may not fit. You could always go to a company that mills wood and have them do it. We are talking solid 3/4 wood?

Typically the woods sanded from the top so you should plane down the top or else the T&G may not fit. You could always go to a company that mills wood and have them do it. We are talking solid 3/4 wood?

No sorry, it's engineered wood. That's why I was wondering if I could plane down the back as I figured sanding would be too uneven.

Latest posts

Back