New wireless router

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked with some of the guys on one of my confuser tech sites i'm on , and they said even though they are not familer with that model, Netgear is a good router .

Well does my new router look better?
Got it going this morning Had trouble with my Vista laptop but that is now going after a lot of going backwards and forwards. I could have typed wrong password in but stupid laptop would not let it change to the correct one
We have one more Vista laptop to go
I hope Shirley gets it right otherwise you are going to hear about it Nick :D

Well put Floorist . I'm working on a Vista machine now . Thinking of just formating and installing XP on it . What a bad OS.:mad:

Well does my new router look better?
Got it going this morning Had trouble with my Vista laptop but that is now going after a lot of going backwards and forwards. I could have typed wrong password in but stupid laptop would not let it change to the correct one
We have one more Vista laptop to go
I hope Shirley gets it right otherwise you are going to hear about it Nick :D

I can't hear that far Jon.:p

What Nick and I are talking about is a Netgear N3oo Wireless router
It comes with a DVD and fairly good instructions for a novice like me
Had a bit of trouble hooking up to my ISP as it wanted to do something which was wrong (Static type or something but my ISP didn't recognize that) but got that sorted. Had a bit of trouble with other puters but DVD comes with a trouble shooting genie which sorted it out.

Keep in mind ,
the orientation of the laptop or antenna can make a huge difference, as can interposing your body in the line of sight between the antenna and the router. WiFi signals in the 2.4GHz range are absorbed by water (which is why microwave ovens use the same range), and the human body is, of course, more than 90% water.

Latest posts

Back