Nfic

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Talked to P J today and hoping to get on up to the seminar cert at surfaces this January. Really nice guy.
Who else is going?

I know Roland and Jon Namba will be there.

I went to the site's home page and it looked like an ad.

Arn't most of them.......

They do seem to push the seamerdown now and koolglide iron. Probably because they help support the classes. So I hear Roland and Jon will be doing it.
They were both at the AFS/Hunt woven symposium for inspectors in Bloomburg or was it Langhorne long time ago. And the main dude P.J. is a consultant for Bloomsburg. I fergets.

The woven mills are the ones that are pushing the Koolglide and Seamer Down Now. The tape doesn't leave as big as profile as regular tape. If you read install instructions they recommend Koolglide but say reg tape can be used.

Daris

The woven mills are the ones that are pushing the Koolglide and Seamer Down Now. The tape doesn't leave as big as profile as regular tape. If you read install instructions they recommend Koolglide but say reg tape can be used.

Daris

Cus it gets sucked into the backing. Seems like a signmificant investestment, $750 for class, travel and hotel, then buying them tools. And you know what a fan I am of them tools.
However you get put on the map, err website so you may or may not get called to do a job. If numbnuts and his brother goes that lives here I ain't going. :D

Cus it gets sucked into the backing. Seems like a signmificant investestment, $750 for class, travel and hotel, then buying them tools. And you know what a fan I am of them tools.
However you get put on the map, err website so you may or may not get called to do a job. If numbnuts and his brother goes that lives here I ain't going. :D

Who is that?

Daris

Can't say, its a public forum. You can prolly guess.

I wonder though, why would a CFI master II go to this if they are already supposedly a master of woven.

Can't say, its a public forum. You can prolly guess.

I wonder though, why would a CFI master II go to this if they are already supposedly a master of woven.

I don't know who you are referring to but you always learn something. Todays wovens are a far cry from the ones I started with.
Here is a good video on seaming Kane carpet:

http://kanecarpet.com/cleaning/installation.html

Daris

$750 for the class? ...ouch, with a capital OUCH. :eek:

............I hope that after the classes each day there's a 5 star dinner then a lady fanning your face, while another feeds you grapes. :eek:
oops, that kinda came out wrong. :D
Their 'seam glue gets sucked into the backing' claim still has me questioning that statement's validity. It might if you set the seamer on #4 and had a helper moving the Seamerdown as fast as you are pushing the iron, so that the glue is still "molten" as the Seamerdown passes overhead. If it sucked that hard, you'd have hot glue coming up into the seam.

That said, I made my own version of the Seamerdown tool and use it on most seams. It's suction does act as a seam weight, and it cools the seams a lot faster. It's a better idea than I thought it was many years ago when it was introduced.

As for the Koolglide, I think that it's a fantastic tool for repair work............. other than that, I prefer watching the two seam edges lower off the back of my iron and into the hot adhesive as it's done with a standard iron. I'd never use one to replace my regular iron.

One job coming your way from it will pay for the training.
Jon and I will be there but have other things we are lined up to do. We will be stopping by. PJ and Nate will be doing the main training.

Latest posts

Back