Notice

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Is this really necessary when someone clicks on the link to my website?

NOTICE: You are about to leave Flooring Forum - DIY and Professional to an external link. This external link could contain a virus or other harmful material to your computer. Please be advised that you are leaving our website and we are not responsible for the content, message or security of the link you are following.

If you did not mean to click the link please press back in your browser. Alternatively you will find below content that meets the criteria of the link.

I think that is part of V bulletin. Maybe Austin will comment when he reads this. He controls the software. I sent him a link to your question.

I believe it is built into the software just as a precaution. We know your link is good, but what about the thousands of spammers who try their best to get us to jump to their dishonest websites?

I believe it is built into the software just as a precaution. We know your link is good, but what about the thousands of spammers who try their best to get us to jump to their dishonest websites?

Havasu, I know of no other Vbulliten website thats using it, least I have not been on one. I don't go clicking around on just any link either. Thats just common sense.
Besides I have Norton 360 that protects me and has a Safeweb where I can check out sites before I go if I have a sneaking suspicion about them.

Sorry but I can't exclude web site from that.

It's ours, I put in place after constant "I picked up a virus from your site" complaints, which I was dealing with on a regular basis. Since implementation they have mostly stopped.

Sorry but I can't exclude web site from that.

It's ours, I put in place after constant "I picked up a virus from your site" complaints, which I was dealing with on a regular basis. Since implementation they have mostly stopped.

Well thats wrong, they didn't pick up a virus from this, our your website. They picked it up from the website they decided to go to.
Maybe if the Mods did their job and did a check on the links posted like mine there would not be a problem.

I check the IP address of every new member, I can usually tell from that if they are a spammer. But there is no way to keep a member from adding a bad link to their signature later on. I am not going to click on every member's website link to see if I can get a virus. Just like anywhere else on the internet, when you click on a link, it may be safe today, tomorrow it may contain a virus. If I checked every member's link everyday, I would not have time to do anything else. Sorry, but I have a life. I still work some, I have a wife, kids, grandkids and one great granddaughter.

I check the IP address of every new member, I can usually tell from that if they are a spammer. But there is no way to keep a member from adding a bad link to their signature later on. I am not going to click on every member's website link to see if I can get a virus. Just like anywhere else on the internet, when you click on a link, it may be safe today, tomorrow it may contain a virus. If I checked every member's link everyday, I would not have time to do anything else. Sorry, but I have a life. I still work some, I have a wife, kids, grandkids and one great granddaughter.

PoppyCock! :) Everyone knows your online 24/7 Rusty.

http://safeweb.norton.com/

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/sh....0&oslocale=iso:USA&oslang=iso:ENG&os=windows

Last edited:
Whats funny is that the pop-up does not happen with floorsavior.com, only when I click on tucsonazflooring.com. And floorsavior.com has not been declared safe yet by Norton. However it will be soon.

I cant exclude websites, we do that as a precaution to the members.

I can't guarantee the security of other sites, but you would be surprised how often I hear a virus was"picked up" from a site within the network, so I put that in place to alert members.

I cant exclude websites, we do that as a precaution to the members.

I can't guarantee the security of other sites, but you would be surprised how often I hear a virus was"picked up" from a site within the network, so I put that in place to alert members.

Well its kinda dumb if you ask me.No offense. People post links in threads all the time and that thing your doing does not pick them up. But whatevah, I am over it already. :)

Latest posts

Back