Paper backed vinyl over epoxy paint

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im sure the glue will adhere to the paint---im not at all sure that the paint will stick to the cement---thats the weak link----

it's going to be non-porous so the adhesive needs to really tack up more than I would over plywood or concrete

I'd go with a slightly finer notch as well

im sure the glue will adhere to the paint---im not at all sure that the paint will stick to the cement---thats the weak link----
Paint has been there many years. I'm not the least bit worried. It's white and the scuff marks have gathered dirt. It's not as scratch proof as they had wanted, so since the home is for sale, it's getting vinyl to pretty it up.

it's going to be non-porous so the adhesive needs to really tack up more than I would over plywood or concrete

I'd go with a slightly finer notch as well

I already figured that 1/16th by 1/16th notch was out. The material is relatively heavy tho, not some 3 mil apartment goods. Like I mentioned it's paper backed, so it will absorb a little bit.
How 'bout using clear thing spread? :eek: :D
Naw, I was just figuring Henry 356 with a fan and some open time.
The doorway changes from epoxy to concrete. I figure it best to use use an inch off the top of a piece of cove base to cap the vinyl's edge transition to the bare concrete.
Metal would be tacky looking, and we got a house to sell! ;)

And thats why a bond test reigns supreme in the flooring world. There's nothing like a glue/pull off test to see what happens. Peel it off and if the paint pulls with it then it's a no go. Or hell, just float it.

I'll do a small bond test when I prep the stairs. I probably have two+ days just getting the stairs to code and stable enough to install some vinyl on them.

Latest posts

Back