Set in wet adhesive for Tarkett vinyl floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Shop has some Shaw 350 adhesive and it works good setting in wet (meaning immediately) I think it's just a private label Taylor product.
http://www.wftaylor.com/index.php/2883/shaw-350/

The concrete is very dry. I removed the old vinyl today and skim coated it with Webcrete 95 and latex.

I have two choices. The Shaw 350, and Armstrong's 599.

I don't like waiting for adhesive to dry. I have better things to do like .............get the job done. Waiting for it to dry in a single 9 by 11 room is just nuts.

Does the Armstrong 599 work OK when set in we over a skimcoat over concrete?

When setting the Tarkett vinyl into adhesive and allowing flash time, I know that it's a more picky animal than an IVC brands and other solid vinyls.

When setting in wet............. I'm wondering which is best. I can handle a 5 or 10 minute wait time, but sometimes the adhesives take longer than you want to dry to the recommended levels.

I have a water heater to R&R on this one and new wood base to cut in, at least behind the water heater. So basically, the water heater needs to be removed and set back tomorrow so that there is no interruption to the household routines. This is why I hate the sometimes long flash times on these vinyls.

Shaw 350 or Armstrong 599 with a Tarkett sheet vinyl? .....that, is the question.

Is this a Tarkett Fiberfloor?
Yes it is. The retailer used to stock a PS adhesive that worked with IVC, but it's holding power with Tarkett was very poor. All backs aren't the same.
Why no Qbond with that tarkett highup? Thats what my distributor is pushing for that.
Yes but it helps if the retailer would stock the correct product. :rolleyes:
I like following the rules, but with paper backed goods, Henry 356 works on virtually everything, even tho the product manufacturer says to use their own approved product.
Just curious with solid vinyl products, where the mfg rules can be broken.

I just use whatever the cash and carry place has, and have never had a problem. I haven't very many that were glued.

Most of what I have installed has been loose-lay. Landlords like it that way, since they change it often.

I would avoid the wet lay method if you plan to work on the finished floor. I've seen kneepad marks that became permanent after the glue set.

I would avoid the wet lay method if you plan to work on the finished floor. I've seen kneepad marks that became permanent after the glue set.

Not sure the difference between the two backs...... both are vinyl.
It will be wet set.
I just found about 1/3 gallon of the Vinylbond adhesive........ it's a year old but looks good. Forgot they changed the name from Quickbond to Vinylbond. I think I've only installed the Tarkett once in the past 5 years. IVC took over around here. I like Tarkett a lot better. IVC's are too soft.

It will be wet set...
I just found about 1/3 gallon of the Vinylbond adhesive........ it's a year old but looks good.

Make sure to check the box on schedule C that declares you're fully "at risk" for amounts invested in the business.

Man, ya lost me on that one. Ya gotta speak a little slower.

Oh yeh ............I re-notched the trowel for this one .........I live on the edge. ................Ya can't stop me.:D
Worked out really well. I had removed the previous vinyl, then skim coated the floor with Webcrete 95 and additive. The concrete wasn't very absorbent, so I opted for set in wet with the trowel notching ever so slightly on the shy side.

No knee prints from this 215 lbnder when I was done.

reason 1--my attitude sucks----reason 2--i smell like a goat----reason 3---my goats attitude sucks----is that enough? or does that just qualify me for a promotion

reason 1--my attitude sucks----reason 2--i smell like a goat----reason 3---my goats attitude sucks----is that enough? or does that just qualify me for a promotion

If I banned everyone for those reasons, Daris would be the only one left. And he would have to learn to run this place.

Latest posts

Back