Fixing a bubble in Fiberfloor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Here's a kitchen layout of a job I did about four years ago. I used Tarkette adhesive, and let the adhesive dry as per recommended.
I always hated the idea of letting the adhesives dry, so not long after this job, I started I seting in wet with all the glass-back materials.

The floor has developed a bubble from one rear leg of the chair she sets at near an outside doorway.
To the upper left is an outside doorway, and a seam (purple line), which I sealed. The red spot indicates the bubble by the table. The lady sets at this spot because the light comes in from the window above where the seam is.
She's an older lady, a slightly on the heavy side. I'm guessing the bubble is because of the way she probably scoots or 'hops' the chair backward when she gets out of it. Yes, the legs have floor protectors now.
The bubble is small, maybe 6" as I recall.
How do you repair this kind of thing? The vinyl can't be folded back, so injection seems the only option............. but if injected between the under side of the vinyl, and the old adhesive, the adhesive could take forever to set up, and I honestly wonder if it ever would.

If I split the bubble on a pattern line, that would be a horrible place for a seam, because like 'Sheldon' from Big Bang Theory, this is "her spot" and I know moving to a different side of the table would not be something she'd do.

Bubble from chair leg.JPG

Last edited:
Inject it , put a dab of seam sealer on the hole , let some weight set on it .

No big deal . Is it one of the felt backs ?

Inject it , put a dab of seam sealer on the hole , let some weight set on it .

No big deal . Is it one of the felt backs ?

Glass back. I'm thinking the floor is sealed by the initial adhesive application and the new adhesive won't be able to dry or set up being trapped between that adhesive and the vinyl.

Don't know your glues but maybe a heat gun and a very wet cold rag might work? What about a little acrylic glue

.........but what acrylic glue?
I'm thinking Nick has it right with nails. :D
Naw, I'll try the heat and cool thing first, but I'm doubting it's real cure factor since the lady will continue using her chair in the same spot.

I'll see if that works after I get around to fixing the problem. There is a laundry room door really close to the other side of that table, so it might not be able to move more than a couple of inches. I forgot to draw in that door.

Latest posts

Back