Pet peeves

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I just mentioned grocery stores and the little inconvenience of parking and going into the store for one little item. When I go to grocery store, between parking and watching people inside the store maneuvering or attempting to maneuver their shopping carts, it scares me to think these same people actually drove to the store. People have no clue that there are other people in the store. Same goes for the parking lots. To vent my frustrations, I drawed me a little picture. My name is Simon, i like to do drawings. 😁

Anyhow, my pet peeve is of people and shopping carts exiting the grocery store. Where highway 101 enters town, you come to a stoplight next to Fred Meyers grocery store. Safeway is just beyond that so there's a lot of traffic turning right at this light at 5:00. As you make the right hand turn into the parking lot people are exiting the farthest doorway by the check stands. With their carts loaded full of groceries, instead of walking parallel to the building all the way down to their parking spot, they walk slowly at a steep angle across the traffic lanes where cars enter the parking lot. They walk at an angle from the front door all the way to their car as traffic backs up waiting for them to get the F out of the way. Why do people do that?
I suppose after walking 150 ft you save 6 ft of walking distance by going in a straight line?
Well, that's my pet peeve of the day.
😁 Yes, I have more 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230711-083055.png
    Screenshot_20230711-083055.png
    509.5 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230711_152351348.jpg
    PXL_20230711_152351348.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I can top that. Here the ultra lazy don’t even use the parking lot. They just stop right in front of the doors in the fire lane. Now there’s plenty of handicapped parking right across from the front doors but these people aren’t handicapped. Just ridiculously lazy…And rude.😫

My pet peeve is all these BS requirements everybody has to join whatever saver club they have going on. It’s so easy, you just have to create an account they say. 😂 What if I don’t want to spend the time to create an account or give you my phone number, email or whatever. I just want to buy stuff for the lower price that you have posted on the shelf. At the other grocery stores they will scan a store card for you if you don’t have one, that way you still get the lower price. Don’t you have a store card, or are you going to put all these groceries back because I’ll go to the store across the street if you don’t. And I haven’t been back to Ingles since.

My pet peeve is all these BS requirements everybody has to join whatever saver club they have going on. It’s so easy, you just have to create an account they say. 😂 What if I don’t want to spend the time to create an account or give you my phone number, email or whatever. I just want to buy stuff for the lower price that you have posted on the shelf. At the other grocery stores they will scan a store card for you if you don’t have one, that way you still get the lower price. Don’t you have a store card, or are you going to put all these groceries back because I’ll go to the store across the street if you don’t. And I haven’t been back to Ingles since.
I don't care if they know what kind of cereal I buy.
I am however concerned about the government issued digital money replacing cash.
In theory, if I bought too many HoHos or Ding Dongs, they could decline payment if I thought my calorie intake was above government allowances...
....that really scares me.

In theory, if I bought too many HoHos or Ding Dongs, they could decline payment if I thought my calorie intake was above government allowances...
....that really scares me.

Ban you from purchasing junk food?? Don’t be ridiculous, they need millions of people eating that processed crap. That way they can tax you for it and big pharma will sell you medication because of it. If inflation keeps on climbing, junk food may be the only food you will be able to afford. Think about it.

I was unusually hungry while walking the aisles the other day (don’t go shopping hungry) and I bought a box of sugar, it was only $2.79. It was also THE cheapest thing in my grocery cart right next to the can of Pringles🙄. A jar of kimchi is $6, honey crisp apples are damn near $3 a piece, same thing with avocados yet you can get all the processed crap you want for pennies. Forget the helper and just give me some hamburger!

71062469951__D7CB97F6-B0A8-48D6-8A3F-F008D164C8CB.jpeg

My pet peeve is having to drop a deuce a few minutes after I get out of the shower……

I used to hop right back in the shower and hit the reset button when that happens. Then I learned about the magic of baby wipes. They’re like a shower in a box. Do yourself a favor and put a box behind the seat in your van. You’ll thank yourself later.

I was on a job about a month ago that had one of those bidets toilet seats that hook up to your regular toilet. Well nature called and I said what the hell, I’ll try it.

Game changer!!!!

I was on a job about a month ago that had one of those bidets toilet seats that hook up to your regular toilet. Well nature called and I said what the hell, I’ll try it.

Game changer!!!!

Ain’t no bidet in a porta Jon, just a sauna with blue water 😂

IMG_3412.jpeg

My buddy has been trying to get me to get a bidet cus he says it’s a game changer as well. Lucky for me eating one decent meal a day leads to one poop a day and that’s at 5:30 AM, right before my shower.

Ban you from purchasing junk food?? Don’t be ridiculous, they need millions of people eating that processed crap. That way they can tax you for it and big pharma will sell you medication because of it. If inflation keeps on climbing, junk food may be the only food you will be able to afford. Think about it.

I was unusually hungry while walking the aisles the other day (don’t go shopping hungry) and I bought a box of sugar, it was only $2.79. It was also THE cheapest thing in my grocery cart right next to the can of Pringles🙄. A jar of kimchi is $6, honey crisp apples are damn near $3 a piece, same thing with avocados yet you can get all the processed crap you want for pennies. Forget the helper and just give me some hamburger!

View attachment 17205
I'm gonna flag you 🤣

New York limits thhe size of drink you can buy at fast food places. No more 44oz drinks.
That was over 10 years ago and the silliest law ever.... Didn't stick...

"On September 13, 2012, the Board of Health voted unanimously to accept the proposed limit.[14][15] The limit was to take effect six months after passage and be enforced by the city's regular restaurant inspection team, allowing business owners three months to adapt to the changes before facing fines.[16][17] Those plans fell through due to the invalidation of the regulation by New York Supreme Court Judge Milton Tingling on March 11, 2013.[18] The mayor's office indicated that the city would appeal.[19] On June 11, 2013, the DOHMH went to court to fight the ruling that blocked the limit.[20] On July 30, 2013, the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division ruled against the proposed limit, saying it violates "the principle of separation of powers" and the board "failed to act within the bounds of its lawfully delegated authority".[2][21]

On June 26, 2014, the New York Court of Appeals, the state's highest court, ruled that the New York City Board of Health, in adopting the sugary drinks portion cap rule, exceeded the scope of its regulatory authority.[1][4][22] The amendment was repealed on July 9, 2015, effective August 8 that year."

That was over 10 years ago and the silliest law ever.... Didn't stick...

"On September 13, 2012, the Board of Health voted unanimously to accept the proposed limit.[14][15] The limit was to take effect six months after passage and be enforced by the city's regular restaurant inspection team, allowing business owners three months to adapt to the changes before facing fines.[16][17] Those plans fell through due to the invalidation of the regulation by New York Supreme Court Judge Milton Tingling on March 11, 2013.[18] The mayor's office indicated that the city would appeal.[19] On June 11, 2013, the DOHMH went to court to fight the ruling that blocked the limit.[20] On July 30, 2013, the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division ruled against the proposed limit, saying it violates "the principle of separation of powers" and the board "failed to act within the bounds of its lawfully delegated authority".[2][21]

On June 26, 2014, the New York Court of Appeals, the state's highest court, ruled that the New York City Board of Health, in adopting the sugary drinks portion cap rule, exceeded the scope of its regulatory authority.[1][4][22] The amendment was repealed on July 9, 2015, effective August 8 that year."
So what do you think's going to happen with this proposal to ban coal fired pizza ovens in the city?
Like removing a couple of coal fired pizza ovens is going to stop global warming... 🤧
.....i meant, climate change.🤗

Oh I almost forgot my favorite. The banning of plastic straws in restaurants in my county (Suffolk). Distributors can still sell them and do. You can use um in your home and all neighboring counties. Plastic forks, spoons, cups, and garbage bags are ok. Fine that nearly every packaged product know to man is wrapped in plastic. Shrink wrapping boats is ok…Commercial fishing nets no problem. Towns actually hand out free plastic bags for your leaves... Just no straws in restaurants… Glad we’re doing our part to save the planet and rescue mankind…🥸

If each and every township throughout the country was responsible to house a dump site, recycling center, compost area, etc. etc. then creative ideas and enforcement would be easier. Huge corporations can’t be trusted to handle trash responsibly.

If each and every township throughout the country was responsible to house a dump site, recycling center, compost area, etc. etc. then creative ideas and enforcement would be easier. Huge corporations can’t be trusted to handle trash responsibly.
Townships here barely have enough money to keep roads passable and no one can afford more property taxes. That is why a regulation one place, won't work in another. Some of our townships only have 500-600 people in them. Only 23,000 people in the county. I live in the only real town and our population is 7300. The rest of the "towns" have 100 or less.

I took appx 15 pallets to the dump, only 31.00 bucks, and that’s not enough to make a manager/ owner to seek out alternative recycling ideas that would keep them in use……Seems like such a waste of natural resources and an opportunity for individuals to have a job refurbishing them.

Attachments

• D78C75A9-A442-42D6-ADEF-4A4C51C95D30.jpeg
    D78C75A9-A442-42D6-ADEF-4A4C51C95D30.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back