Please help!! I need to identify Poly being used.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ipaddict

My floor guy has disappeared shortly after completing the job. I have some small touch up to do. I am concerned if I used different poly the sheen will not match. Please take a look at the pic and help me ID brand of poly used. Thanks so much in advance.

image.jpg

That's gonna be nearly impossible to guess, especially from a photo. It could be virtually anything from off the shelf from Walmart to a high grade wood floor finish. The sheen is just as hard to guess.
I'd guess it's an oil based poly because it darkened the floor. Water based doesn't change the color of the wood much.
Is it more than just that one room?
What's in that pail?

Last edited:
That is correct. I am hoping someone recognizes the bucket. I remember the label as blue and brown or gold. It's hard to tell from the angle. Yes, oil based. Thanks you

Floor don't look ready for coating to me from the photo.

Did he flash the floor with filler , or sand it ?

Last edited:
Yes he did. I agree with you though. It's really old floors, jut needed it halfway decent... Time crunch.

I don't have the pail avail. I took a quick snap while they were working. Obviously, I didn't think I'd need the label or pail. :) thanks

Latest posts

Back