Power switch

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
Nick I got a tower HP XP a few years old. The power switch to turn it on is mucking around. I push the power switch and then it tries to start for a second then dies. If I belt the side of the puter a few times it starts
What say I spray the switch with CRC?
Buy a new puter before it dies?
Is there an easy way to back up everything? It doesn't seem to wont to put a backup on to a DVD? DVD been funny for a long time
Buy a new puter?

Could be a loose connection , power supply ,even the motherboard Jon . Try this to back up data only .

[ame]http://download.cnet.com/Easeus-Todo-Backup/3000-2242_4-10964460.html[/ame]

Nick I am convinced the power button is falling to bits
I gave it a quick squirt of CRC Its probually all stuck up with glue from my fingers. :D
Have laptops taken over?
For now .I pads , [etc] are starting to dominate the market .

Just pick up a data transfer cable Jon . A lot faster ,and easier .

It has the I3 cpu , the slowest of the three . I 5 , I 7 . Depends on what you are paying if it is a good deal or not .

Probably toooo much
Knocked him down $250
Shall I let puter install Mc Fee for the free trail or is it easier to get rid of it later when I get one of the Antivirus you recommend?
Gonna play with it tomorrow

Got them Nick
Not a good idea to get another puter Its all a learning curve again
Old puter starting on first push every first time. CRC must have fixed it
You wanna buy a new Accer touch screen puter? :D
You want to come down and pick it up?

Nick I need help
Can you clean up this mess Shirley wants the lounge back :D

DSC02254.jpg

It wanted to download 9.1 realease. I tried to see if it would update and it said I had the latest. I Googled the 64 bit one and apparently there are some issues with other programmes
Any idea why Sykpe on this new puter sounds like I am talking in a tank? The microphone will not fit into the socket so I can't try it that way
Should have stuck with old XP. It has started first time every time since I sprayed it with CRC :D
It wasn't quite ready to die :)

It wanted to download 9.1 realease. I tried to see if it would update and it said I had the latest. I Googled the 64 bit one and apparently there are some issues with other programmes
Any idea why Sykpe on this new puter sounds like I am talking in a tank? The microphone will not fit into the socket so I can't try it that way
Should have stuck with old XP. It has started first time every time since I sprayed it with CRC :D
It wasn't quite ready to die :)
Some versions of skype don't work well. i updated skype a few times only to delete it and download the older version.

Latest posts

Back