Proknee

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd89

Anyone wearing em? What size foam do you have or perfer? For those who dont know what they are here is the link. /proknee.com/ they are not cheap but a great investment for professionals

I've had them now for about 13-14 years. Same pair, they only had one thickness back then.
Expensive? Not really considering most every part is replaceable. But you got to look at the advantages also. They are good for the body.
I don't know if I could get used to the thicker ones. The ones i have throws my balance or center of gravity off a little bit, especially when hammering tackless.

Daris

It's the up front expenses but it is well worth it w them being rebuildable. I do mostly ceramic i bought a 60 dollar pair from lowes when i started a year ago. The didnt even make it 6 months. Great knee pads just not for a professional. Im going to get the 07s but im at a debate at what size insert

I have been in the wood flooring business for over 40 years and have never used knee pads of any kind. Perhaps it's a little too late to start now.

I am on my 29th year on my knees without any kind of pads. I wouldn't mind trying the Pro Knees, but $200 and some change to see whether I like them or not is not worth it for me.

I have been in the wood flooring business for over 40 years and have never used knee pads of any kind. Perhaps it's a little too late to start now.

It took me about 40 years to get my first knee surgery. Got 3 more after that.
I wore knee pads the last 16 years. I missed a kicker and kicked a toilet out of the floor for the first one, kneeled on a piece of tackless for the second. Then the problems just came back.
Never to late to start.

Daris

It took me about 40 years to get my first knee surgery. Got 3 more after that.
I wore knee pads the last 16 years. I missed a kicker and kicked a toilet out of the floor for the first one, kneeled on a piece of tackless for the second. Then the problems just came back.
Never to late to start.

Daris

I have knelt on my fair share of tackless over the years, i have found it doesn't hurt as much the first as it does the second when you get up real quick from the pain only to kneel on it the second time.:eek:

It's too late for one thing and one thing only that I can think of; that's a lecture about how foolish it is to risk your health for a crappy job.

Congratulations!

I'm about 5-6 years in back of you on experience but I never went any length of time on bare knees.

I am on my 29th year on my knees without any kind of pads. I wouldn't mind trying the Pro Knees, but $200 and some change to see whether I like them or not is not worth it for me.

I've never tried them either. I don't like the looks of them and I go ape when my helpers are kneeling on crap that scratches and shifts around my tiles because they can't see or feel anything through those BIG, DUMB pads.

There are more than a few occasions where I need to TREAD LIGHTLY, like a spider walking across the water.

http://www.google.com/search?q=spid...ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAQ&biw=1240&bih=662

Good luck "floating on air" with those big dumb pads.

To bulky and confining for me. I like to be able to move fast, float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.....

Last edited by a moderator:
So i was finally gonna buy a pair of pro knees and was surfing Craigslist and found my size practically brand new w 1 inch pad for 45 bucks!! I was really excited lol

Oh Yeah an i love em. I feel i can move faster w them on because of how comfortable they are. And i agree that knee pads are important. I always protect my tools and take care of them and war forgetting to do that to my most important tool; my knees.

Latest posts

Back