Questions about subfloor over crawlspace

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danrad

Hi, We have owned our home for 12 yrs. It is built over a gravel based crawl spavce which has never had any moisture issues. We are getting ready to lay down laminate flooring which has a foam backing attached. Most of the house has commercial carpet which was glued down. I have pulled up a section of the carpet which came off really easy. The glue that remains is still a bit tacky but even throughout. My question is should I remove the glue or can I put a additional layer of foam over it and then lay the laminate. I was thinking of using a foam breatheable moisture barrier because of the crawl space. Is this correct? Any advice will be greatly appreciated since this does have to pass the wifes' inspection for years to come
Ty Dan

try some baby powder on the glue---squirt it around and push it with a broom---make sure its not the cornstarch stuff---give it a try and get back to us

The Baby powder worked really well took all the tackiness out Thanks again rugaddict -Dan

Latest posts

Back