Reversing strip for vinyl plank

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The store that I work for requires customers to have us measure the jobsite ourselves. We go out and measure, take moisture readings, put our materials/labor list together and send it into the store. They work it up and sell it to the customer with whatever I tell them to charge for and whatever materials I tell them I need. Thats just what Im used to. Ive had a few customers order flooring somewhere else but I usually do the measure first and give them a list of what I need to do the job.

You mean box store right? Blue or red?

Many installers probably wouldn't do what I did today. I glued down some used carpet. When I can double my normal rates, it doesn't bother me.

I would do the same all day. My regular rate is 0.77 cents a foot.

They pay you for that Ken ?

They do pay me for estimates but I do that for my own customers for free anyway so it doesnt really matter to me. I have to guarantee the labor for a year so it benefits me to take all the readings that I would do anyway for anyone else.

Ernesto said:
A little, usually in conjunction with other floors. But this thread is not about me and carpet. Sorry for getting off track.

WILL YOU stretch-in any carpet for that price?

Latest posts

Back