Seagate Backup Plus

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checking to make sure you weren't backing up to the same drive Floor .

I'm stupid but not dumb. Well, maybe the jury is still out on the dumb part. I want another drive to back up my goflex. I see this will turn out be a never ending story.

I'm stupid but not dumb. Well, maybe the jury is still out on the dumb part. I want another drive to back up my goflex. I see this will turn out be a never ending story.

Today 01:35 PM

Here's the manual-
http://www.seagate.com/files/www-co...ared/docs/seagate-dashboard-user-guide-us.pdf

Info on page 29 shows how to identify the drive letters through the dashboard. You should be able to see and manage the drive through windows explorer with all the standard functionality.

Yea, I read that last night, thanks. I see it has info about using other seagate drives with it. And looks like your as paranoid as I am about backing up the back up. :) I also have some back-up with my Norton software as well.You only get 2 gigs of free cloud for a year so not especially excited about that prospect. Like, what happens if my cloud floats away to China or sumpin?

Now, if I go and delete stuff off my puter, will it still stay on the back-up? I need space on the puter so it will perform faster. Been deleting junk I don't need. Printing some manuals and technical stuff. Now I have a whole 3 gigs of space on the puters drive.

And looks like your as paranoid as I am about backing up the back up. :)

Once I accidentally dragged a folder on the network somewhere and didn't realize it. I thought the drive had failed. Been thinking I really need to figure out a sensible solution for media back-up. I have about 500 movies.

You only get 2 gigs of free cloud for a year so not especially excited about that prospect. Like, what happens if my cloud floats away to China or sumpin?

Leary about putting sensitive data in the cloud. The world is full of hackers and crackers. Rather store locally.

Now, if I go and delete stuff off my puter, will it still stay on the back-up? I need space on the puter so it will perform faster. Been deleting junk I don't need. Printing some manuals and technical stuff. Now I have a whole 3 gigs of space on the puters drive.

Once you delete the files adjust your back-up manager so it doesn't go looking for it. PDfs and other docs are small in size so it makes sense to put things like that on solid-state media like flash drives or even dvds. You can fit a ton of pdfs on dvds; a very inexpensive alternative.

Pics add up and videos are a killer.

Didn't know you were such a movie buff.
I guess I'll go in and customize the back up instead of having it run continously. That way I should have a better idea of how to find stuff on it. It's an extra piece of confuserware I hate messing with.

Yea, I read that last night, thanks. I see it has info about using other seagate drives with it. And looks like your as paranoid as I am about backing up the back up. :) I also have some back-up with my Norton software as well.You only get 2 gigs of free cloud for a year so not especially excited about that prospect. Like, what happens if my cloud floats away to China or sumpin?

It will be on your backup , but you will need the software that created it to open it . What slows your confuser down is a few things .

1] The amount of things you have running in the background. [This can be checked in task master under Processes]. Disable things you don't use that often . They will still open when you check on the icon.

2] Junk files , Orfant files.

3] Confuser needs defraging.
4] Infections , and adaware .

It will be on your backup , but you will need the software that created it to open it .

On my drive I have the option to encrypt the back-up or not. I don't so it makes a mirror copy of every file that I can access using any device. In other words I don't need to restore the back-up with the software to access the backed-up files.

Didn't know you were such a movie buff.

No more than the average american. I used to have a home theater with a projector and 9' screen. These days I'm more of a collector of movies for future use. I figure one day I'll get cancer from lamatosis or something similar and watch movies on my death bed.

IMGP6639.JPG

Dats a big TV, and you watch three different things at once.

I'm not good with software and stuff, I accidently deleted my back-up. So now I am backing it up again. sigh

Last edited:
On my drive I have the option to encrypt the back-up or not. I don't so it makes a mirror copy of every file that I can access using any device. In other words I don't need to restore the back-up with the software to access the backed-up files.

It's creating a disk image for you . that great .

Latest posts

Back