Table

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Here is some pictures of a table I built for my granddaughter. I finished it up today after 6 coats of water based poly. I sprayed it all with a Wagner 890. I got it new a couple months ago and never used it until this. I really like it.
Question on the water based poly. When I was taking there pics it started sprinkling and now there are little white marks after wiping it down. The top has been done for a week.
She wanted it rustic so no knots or little gaps were filled. It is built from construction grade lumber. She even sanded the edges to make it more rustic.

Daris

P1010081.jpg

P1010082.jpg

P1010084.jpg

P1010085.jpg

P1010086.jpg

P1010087.jpg

P1010088.jpg

P1010089.jpg

You can make chairs. I have made plenty of chairs. I made children's chairs and sold them for about 10 years. Even made some 3 legged stools. They are harder than chairs.

That's really nice Daris. Personally, I like rustic a lot better than a smooth as glass fancy schmancy hand rubbed laquer. That's pretty nice for "rustic" ....but for real, rustic, you should have sand blasted it and brought out the chains and crow bar.

I'm thinking those little white spots are because the poly hadn't cured long enough? I'm assuming it's pretty minor and just adds more to the character anyway. Super job.

I have some granite samples and have never spent any serious time deciding what to do with them. They're 12" by 3/4" and a wood frame would make them into a top for a small end table or something for a patio. I probably have 10 of them, all samples and all different colors............. made into one large table, the colors wouldn't look good together. The shop tosses out those larger 15 and 18 inch tile rack sample cards too when they are discontinued. Those large tiles with the right wood frame would make neat tables. I hate to see those things get tossed, but haven't seen anything to give me ideas. I haven't really looked much either. :rolleyes:

That's really nice Daris. Personally, I like rustic a lot better than a smooth as glass fancy schmancy hand rubbed laquer. That's pretty nice for "rustic" ....but for real, rustic, you should have sand blasted it and brought out the chains and crow bar.

I'm thinking those little white spots are because the poly hadn't cured long enough? I'm assuming it's pretty minor and just adds more to the character anyway. Super job.

I have some granite samples and have never spent any serious time deciding what to do with them. They're 12" by 3/4" and a wood frame would make them into a top for a small end table or something for a patio. I probably have 10 of them, all samples and all different colors............. made into one large table, the colors wouldn't look good together. The shop tosses out those larger 15 and 18 inch tile rack sample cards too when they are discontinued. Those large tiles with the right wood frame would make neat tables. I hate to see those things get tossed, but haven't seen anything to give me ideas. I haven't really looked much either. :rolleyes:

You could do like we used to do with outdated carpet samples and make a patch work floor out of them.

Daris

You could do like we used to do with outdated carpet samples and make a patch work floor out of them.

Daris
Colors are to varied, and no place for me to put em that way......... Now if I had a hundred of em. ;)

I was thinking sorta like this for the top with some 5/4 walnut.

Table idea with color.jpg

............put it all together, then blast it with walnut shell media instead of sand, for a 'naturally' distressed surface. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back