The Death of My Sony Vaio

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Sad to say at robust 15 years old my confuser has bit the bullet. I blame it on the Norton 360 that kept wanting me to reboot. I kept putting it off as my baby just does not like reboots.sigh
It tells me : Boot from ATPI CD-ROM :
NO Emulation
CDBOOT: Couldn't find NTLDR

help.......

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain I have the oldest running desktop in the States if not the world. Prolly older than Highs PC. Mine still turns on.

Was version of windows are you running E ? Can you get to the bios access and see if the hard drive appears there?

Last edited:
Was running Vista. lol Actually ran really smooth as compared to XP. Didn't freeze up or crash like XP. Bios was non existent.
So I bought a cheapo all in one touch screen - Lenovo from newegg. My kid is removing all the crap it came loaded with right now. It will suit me fine for work and posting on forums.This one is light years ahead of the viao.
To me it seems desktops are dinosaurs and on the verge of extinction but
i hate laptops which i'm using now and is taking me forever to type.

You have to have a Bios E.

Is there anything you want me to do for your laptop ?

You are correct , Desktops will be history soon.

It's cool Nick thanks. My kid got my all in one pc with touc screen up and running. And this also lets me use my old memory stick so I don't need to buy a new digital camera that I use to document jobs and inspections with.

Actually this is pretty sweet for $400 + dollars. The AMD A6 is is slower than newer processors but hey, I'm a cheapskate ya know.

Lenovo C40-05 21.5-Inch All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop (AMD A6 1.8 GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, DVDRW, Windows 8.1) - F0B5000JU
by Lenovo

I'll also get a free upgrade to Win 10 when it comes out. It's running Win 8.1 now which I have no problem with.

10 is still being tested by the testers E. Will post when it is safe to upgrade it. They sell little wireless mouses for laptops E . I use one for my laptop I made into a double boot machine . windows, and Linux.

Right now no one is sure what , or how long 10 is going to be free . MS is not giving up any secrets .

You need MS word ? I can burn you a copy of the full version of Office . PM me the address, and i will ship it out to you .

Keys are good they open doors.

Hey, as soon as I loaded the Office program all my old docs popped up. Thank God I didnt have to load Norton to get my back-ups.

So Nick, the pc came with McAfee (sp?) but the kid deleted it and now I'm using Windows Defender. Whats your thoughts on protection? :)

Latest posts

Back