Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dance away while the cities burn down?
I get it, you think the far left is falling off the face of the earth with outrageous thinking.

Now, Should we stand by and watch it or encourage them through mentorship? The SAFE program could do that.

I just had a 2 hour conversation with my brother and sister-in-law and They shared some good stuff that got me thinking 🤔..... Gota cut the grass or he may ask me to leave 😜 so I’ll share it soon.

Hey! Like my paragraphs ? I finally learned what the return button is for 😳 ✌️

High, your post ( # 154 ) expresses the stalemate Perfectly and is also the perfect reason ‘ we the people ‘ need a crash course in Anger Management. ( maybe a new Amendment ? 😜 ) Hey forum friends, Take the time and step out of your comfort zone. Go to ‘the peace center.org ‘ press SAFE Program and listen to a few introductory topics explaining the program. The Almighty creator gave us feelings for a reason. To inform us when something in wrong and that action is needed. To minimize our feelings would be foolish. The programs goal is to get emotional and analytical brain working together. Can some people go all OCD about it ? Go all entertainment value about it ? Sure, but as individuals our primary responsibility is to ourselves. If we truly want a peaceful society, passing the buck over to others would be like handing your fire arm over and letting them be in control. Make it a priority, every day, with every encounter to change your perspective on how to interact with the opposition. On how to make your feelings your responsibility to be holstered, and not accelerate them towards others. It’s a dance. Show your partner that your in control, but if they stumble, do forgive, do understand, and make the adjustment that allows the dance to continue. The best way to be that person is to be a person who accepts the responsibility that only you can truly heal your pain. Step out of your comfort zone and give it a listen. The program director John Anthony Bochnowicz has surely stepped out of his in order to share a different way to use our feelings for the good of man kind. Gods little experiment must continue, so lets keep trying.
Feelings are good, but reality will always reign supreme. Reality is that unless everyone, and I do mean everyone, subscribes to getting their emotional brain functioning, things don't have a chance to change into this theoretical peacefully society where everyone is pleasant and gets along. I think most people are relatively nice to each other and can disagree with no harm done.
Look at the hate an anger that the Democrat leaders spew out.... Like the videos I just put out.....Have you seem Republican leaders do that? Democratic leaders are the ones that allowed riots lasting for months, costing billions, ruining lives, costing lives....... They let criminals out of jail and won't even prosecute anymore.... Just catch and release. What does that teach criminals? Teaches them whatever they did has no consequences. Society has laws and rules. When you bend and tweak them because you're trying to show compassion.... people die. The theory is good, promoting compassion is good, but there are limits as to it's effectiveness.
Compassion isn't going to fix this.
The weekend has barely started.
https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/weekend-shootings-june-24-to-27/The mayor needs to be ousted and replaced by someone that will begin to fix this hell hole.
Building both prisons and trade schools is a start...... but it will take a decade to fix.... if it's fixable. 🥺
Compassion won't work here. Prison will.

I get it, you think the far left is falling off the face of the earth with outrageous thinking.

Now, Should we stand by and watch it or encourage them through mentorship? The SAFE program could do that.

I just had a 2 hour conversation with my brother and sister-in-law and They shared some good stuff that got me thinking 🤔..... Gota cut the grass or he may ask me to leave 😜 so I’ll share it soon.

Hey! Like my paragraphs ? I finally learned what the return button is for 😳 ✌️
I like your paragraphs..... What return button you talking about Willis?

I like your paragraphs..... What return button you talking about Willis?
I ‘m using an iPhone 10 and next to the space bar in the return button. I never tried it out until now. I was never breast fed 🥵 🤪

You know what you know and you know what you don’t know, but you don’t know what you don’t know until you give it a try, Kinda like imho how anger management skills could open a new way of being. The reality of having more or a few key people doing this could possibly be mind blowing. 🤔 and let it begin with me.

Attachments

• 7CB950C6-8D6E-4230-B472-B73532563098.png
    7CB950C6-8D6E-4230-B472-B73532563098.png
    219.4 KB · Views: 34
Feelings are good, but reality will always reign supreme. Reality is that unless everyone, and I do mean everyone, subscribes to getting their emotional brain functioning, things don't have a chance to change into this theoretical peacefully society where everyone is pleasant and gets along. I think most people are relatively nice to each other and can disagree with no harm done.
Thank God for those nice people, so now all we have to do is ignore the extremes and work the system respectfully.

Ok the grass has been cut now for awhile and the 3 dogs are fed. Got up to 91 degrees today.
I would like to crack open a Glutenburg ipa but I’m recovering from having a tooth pulled, and back spasms. 😡 Had to ride the mower real slow to keep the pain in check.

So after my morning post, I was all jacked up with amazing mental focus, that I attribute to sharing the SAFE program. It put me into a good attitude for appx 6 hours, despite having a migraine.

At the breakfast bar I shared this post
With my brother and sister-in-law and also havasu’s reply ( dance away while the cities burn ) We bantered back and forth for appx 2 hours and I wish it was recorded, because everyone was receptive to each persons advise. At one point the sister-in-law wanted the floor, even though I was in the middle of it, so I stopped. Funny thing is, I had no emotional
Pain / resentment. I was able to give her the time she wanted, listening and responding with interest and at the same time remember where
I left off. For me, that’s a miracle. This attitude was gained from my morning post and while cutting the grass I figured out why. By attempting to encourage all of you to step out of your comfort zone, I more importantly encouraged myself and became really focused. You should see the lawn, perfect straight lines 👍

I know, I know, reality ! But I refuse to believe that what we are in can not be changed by choosing a different thought process. Like that movie line with Keanu Reeves and John Cleese, “ it’s only at the precipice that we change “ I hope we do it sooner, so let’s practice with the next person of opposition, by sharing your encouragement for the country, rather than the fear.

The problem of trying to fix the world is the hundreds of thousands of people like this in our country alone. The fix begins in liberally run cities that allow streets to look like this and pushed to defund the police.

None of us here are fighting. We aren't the problem. We're discussing and venting.
Right now I'm waiting to here Chuck Schumer and Maxine Waters to go on big media and chastise the violent protesters and threats made to the justices...... Especially the one Schumer himself just threatened, Justice Kavinaugh.

Honestly, I can't wait to be able to dance again. Problem, the idiot bafoon President has eroded our economy to the worst in 45 years. I retired with a good pension, or at least I thought. Now, with my gas running $6.50 a gallon, a mediocre steak I am paying $16 at the market, no baby food for my grandkids, I can't built because lumber is too expensive. Our water is now being rationed and I can only water twice a week. Yeah, I will dance, maybe on O'Biden's grave, once he kicks the bucket, but sorry buddy, I still believe the idiots who voted for this bafoon should pay these prices, but leave me out of it. Let me have my "mean tweet" president back, where I could dance away the day, enjoying the fact that America was #1 in military strength, all countries were afraid to mess with us, and we aren't subsidizing every lazy American just to garner a future vote. .

Freedom of expression is what makes this county almost great 🤪 we just need to tweet (tweek 😜 ) out the personal insults. why Mike?

Havasu, sorry man,

When we apply personal attacks on any fellow citizen for any reason we are not hurting them, we are hurting ourselves. Could this be one reason we have hatred towards different people and opinions ? And limit our happiness?

It’s a short cut we take that prevents us from speaking responsibly. Even if we are amongst brothers and sisters, it’s unwise, because what we say we hear and what we hear effect us more than we realize. Sorry !

I get it though, I’m not detached from all of reality 🤔 Because I still revert to angry name calling and I’m not proud of it. It’s a lot to ask for anyone to speak and act respectfully with the constant media bashing going on, and crazy lifestyle we don’t understand, but the fact is if we ignore our responsibility to think, speak and act better tomorrow than today, we will be limiting ours and others human potential.

The irony of all of this is that most of us have no idea how this style of name calling, seemingly so insignificant, is a habit that’s hurtful to our peaceful existence.

Has anyone listened to John Anthony’s podcast yet ?

And who wants to be the first one to criticize Biden responsibly by simply using his name ?

The problem of trying to fix the world is the hundreds of thousands of people like this in our country alone. The fix begins in liberally run cities that allow streets to look like this and pushed to defund the police.

None of us here are fighting. We aren't the problem. We're discussing and venting.
Right now I'm waiting to here Chuck Schumer and Maxine Waters to go on big media and chastise the violent protesters and threats made to the justices...... Especially the one Schumer himself just threatened, Justice Kavinaugh.

Imho it begins with all of us, not just the
difunctional Liberal type thinkers of the city’s.
If ‘ we the rural people ‘ keep Monday morning quarterbacking 🥴 ‘ them for entertainment value, rather than helping and it could be as easy as what Mom + Dad taught us. “ If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all “ 🤔

We have imho reached a steroidal level of criticism and blaming. Sure, we absolutely need to identify the issues, like defunding the police, but do we really need to bash OTHERS for suggesting it ? No we don’t !

Do you think we get caught up in our own
view ?.........I’m suggesting it’s not
A ‘ Think ‘ but it is an actual ‘ Know ‘ that we most certainly do, so much that real analytical thought gets pushed aside....... For instance, we find ourselves with an installation challenge where conventional materials or methods won’t work. Once we exhaust them we open our thoughts to unconventional materials or methods in the hope for some success. So my suggestion is open up to being more Malleable when it comes to opposing views. Could it be that they, in there minds, exhausted one way and now want to propose another. To be continued, my brother just made me a BLT 🤩

Ok Fred, ( my generic go to name, that means friend or friends.

Would you’all agree most humans exaggerate when expressing a point ? I’ll answer and say Yes ! We, by nature, unfortunately, can be pig headed and that emotional space imho creates the exaggeration 🥵 but true and all the more reason, cutting each other some slake by not reacting could go a long way towards agreement. Of course we all Heard the phrase
“ every action has an opposite and equal reaction “ Well, That’s what I’m doing now 😂 However I would argue ‘ Studious Mike ‘ is RESPONDING ( a more assertive way ) rather than REACTIVE ( a more aggressive way ) Sorry, time out I must give credit for this concept to John Anthony Bochnowicz and The SAFE program !

If we choose Respond, over react, that simple change can create rather than have stalemate.

If you don’t ( sorry, Not my favorite word ) want to expose yourself 😜 to the Podcasts presentation, let me know and I’ll bug my brother to empower me with how to down load one.

If your not interested but you like the concept, then it would be my suggestion to vote for individuals who exude this quality.

Hypothetically speaking, you voted for Biden, and are trying to appease the "other side" with soft words of encouragement, in a way to smoke a peace pipe, and we could all sing 'Koombayah' while roasting marshmallows around a campfire. All of the Republican concerns are 'pooh-poohed' as a much to do about nothing. Is this the theory of your rhetoric?
If so, let me be the first to tell you it will not work. We are destined to be the land of sissies, vagina hat screaming Karen's if they don't get their way, will all quit their jobs because this new government pays you to sit on your butts, protest anything you personally don't like, you defund the police expecting little old ladies to control a 4 day meth'ed out tweaker who is walking around with a hatchet. You control major cities such as San Francisco, Seattle, and Portland. These cities have become so bad that 90% of the cops are quitting, and the ones who aren't are wearing pink tennis shoes.
Yes, keep singing that 'Koombayah' song, but I won't be there. I will be quietly waiting in the shadows, until enough of us finally wake up to this new destruction and bitch slap the sissies, and force the Karen's back into realization that you can whine all you want, but this government has laws and constitution rights which must be upheld, and is exactly why we left the other side of the Atlantic Ocean some 260 years ago.

Hypothetically speaking, you voted for Biden, and are trying to appease the "other side" with soft words of encouragement, in a way to smoke a peace pipe, and we could all sing 'Koombayah' while roasting marshmallows around a campfire. All of the Republican concerns are 'pooh-poohed' as a much to do about nothing. Is this the theory of your rhetoric?
No ! The benefits of the two party system is a much to do about everything.

All I’m attempting to retort ( communications is not my strong suite) is how the means and manner are more important than the actual disagreement. We all need to hold ourselves accountable to speak and act humanly, especially when the opposition is not. It takes two to tango, but only one calm assertive mind working on de-escalation to make a difference.

I may actually want the Koombayah party though 😉

Seriously, thanks for the honesty, I have a few brothers who think the same way, and we banter around occasionally until there wife’s break it up. I was always trying to be the peace maker at home with my 7 siblings or school, work, ball fields and now forum 🥵 😜 ..... again thanks for the reply, I look forward to empowering you with more unsolicited thoughts 🤔 😀

Latest posts

Back