Toyotathon ads are maxing my CPU usage

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
My pages load slow of course because of my dialup speed. With a page on the website loading up, the CPU level is "normal" ie: low
The adds are the last thing to load up. If the advertising on the top page this website are the antivirus ads, then all is fine. So is the VoIP Business ad.
However, when that Toyotathon advertising starts loading, my CPU usage immediately spikes to 100% and 80%, then eventually settles down to about the 50% level even if the page has finished loading.
I can have 4 tabs other than flooring forum open at the same time, with all of them still in the process of loading up, and my CPU level is alternating from 2% to 22%.
If I close those tabs and only open up Flooring Forum............ and that Toyotathon advertisement starts loading, I am guaranteed to stay at 50% CPU usage............. it will never reduce back to a lower level until I change pages here until a different add pops up.
When the CPU is high, so is firefox.
Here's some screen shots.

Toyota advertisement CPU graph.jpg

CPU maxed out on FlooringForum only.jpg

Last edited:
It gets worse.
I disconnected my dialup connection, ..............and five minutes later, CPU usage is still running at the 50% level. ....and so is Firefox. :rolleyes: Hello, Mr Computer, I disconnected five minutes ago.

5 minutes after disconnecting 12 17 15 650.jpg

5 minutes after processes running 650.jpg

Last edited:
Here are 4 other tabs running or loading up at the same time.

The ChevyTalk site alone has advertising with 7 blinking and changing advertising boxes running continuously at the top of the page. How come all this stuff is only eating up 2% to 22% but with Flooring Forum running all by itself with a Toyotathon advertizement can almost freeze up my confuzer?
It took me a while to notice this website is the only time this occurs............ that's why I did the screen shots.

Chevytalk and AIS 650.jpg

Didn't change anything.

Edit:
Yes it did change something. In another topic I tried to add a screen shot with the manage attachments button. The manage attachment box came up, then immediately disappeared. It was a pop up. :eek:
I just allowed popups and then I could add my image. Can't win can I? :D

Last edited:
Didn't change anything.

Edit:
Yes it did change something. In another topic I tried to add a screen shot with the manage attachments button. The manage attachment box came up, then immediately disappeared. It was a pop up. :eek:
I just allowed popups and then I could add my image. Can't win can I? :D

Don't understand that, Been using it for years . Never see a add , or pop up .

I've never seen a pop up ad here on this site either. When you click on manage attachments, a box "pops up" so you can search for the images you want......... Since that box "pops up", the pop up blocker must see that as a threat and as fast as it appears, it disappears.
.......so I unchecked enable pop up protection in Adblock Plus, in order to use the manage attachments feature here. I had to or I couldn't upload an image.
I have Adblock Plus Popup add-ons now and the ads still appear....... no popups, just the ads.

I tried replying to Nick earlier today and as I typed three words, I noticed that only three letters had appeared. 10 seconds later the rest of the letter began to appear slowly one at a time. It's happening right now also. :mad:
Here's some more screen shots showing the CPU demand while here on this website compared to when viewing the ChevyTalk website.
You can see the CPU drain drops immediately when I clicked open the ChevytTalk tab. CPU drain while the ChevyTalk website hovers about 2% with an occasional spike to 22%. This website is consistantly at the 47% to 55% rate.
These images were captured with no activity on my part, and with both websites fully loaded up.
.........and yes, that Toyotathon add is running right now. :mad:

Can you tell when I opened the Flooring Forum tab 800.jpg

The moment I open ChevyTalk tab 800.jpg

Typical CPU at Flooring Forum 800.jpg

Steady CPU rate Chevytalk website 800.jpg

Last edited:
That Chevytalk has 12 ads at the top of the page, with 6 or of them constantly blinking and changing................. My CPU stays steady at 2%
On my last reply, It took well over a minute to type one sentence because it took so long for each letter to appear. Same thing right now.:mad:

I just closed out all my tabs........ No windows open.
OK, so I quickly opened up seven different websites at the same time............ while they were all loading up, my CPU was running 2% to 17%
With this website fully loaded up and with that Toyotathon add up, I'm at 50%. How is that possible for one advertisement to consume that much?

OK, this time there were three little ads at the top of the page when I opened up this site. Those ads show in this screen shot. There's an internet ad, an email ad and a free opener ad hidden behind the description that I added. These are pretty mundane and no activity. Without that Toyotathon ad running, this website was consuming 0% to 2% of my CPU, or the same as that Chevy website.

So next, I opened up a second Flooring tab, and the Toyotathon ad came up this time..... my CPU got hammered just like usual. After clicking away the Flooring Forum page with the Toyotathon ad, I took this screen shot........... the CPU usage dropped like a stone.
Without that Toyotathon ad running, I can type as fast as I am able to. (which ain't fast)
I can't wait for that monster to go away.

Toyotathon ad and no Toyotathon ad 800.jpg

Last edited:
Task bar stays visible (on top) all the time on XP when you have it running. Not sure how it works for you.
Lower it so you can still see the graph, but notice how often it runs high or low (normal) as you go from page to page here. Different ads show up, with the one I hate, most often.
If it's running high more often than hot, it's that stinkin' ad whether you see it or not...... that's my story and I'm stickin to it. ;)

Clear the cache on your computer. And the cookies. The ads where you are seeing the vehicle ads respond to places you have been on the internet. So, if you don't want to block them. (or become a supporting member and turn off adds). Clearing should not give those as the ads you see often.

Latest posts

Back